chapter 25: time to let go

Dedicated to the best one ever, who I won't be able to hold IRL. To my dearest Ansley, who's been there through thick and thin, and was surprisingly, my diamond in the rough. I love you, this one's for you 🎉

PS, for all of you: mark the date : 12th August, 2016. Lots of revelations coming 🎆

chapter 25: time to let go,

Your P.O.V.

It wasn't long before people had begun to question you and Dan's relationship.

Was it on or was it off? Was it a mutual breakup or a one sided love? Did pizza come first or you?

Did Dan love you back?

Walking home was hard enough, providing you with an obstacle of keeping Belle's incessant questions at bay whilst you tried to gather your peace of mind. You needed time to think properly, and you needed to get away.

"How did Dan know you worked with BBC R1?"

"Why didn't you speak at all after that?"

"What the heck is going on?"

"Please, Belle." You shushed, eyebrows now knitting together in anger. Your head pounded, and with every beat of your heart came a striking at your temples. Digging for the key in your bag, you tried to ease the pain by humming a song.

No, that song was in Dan's playlist. No time to think about him now.

But oh God, his eyes. His dimples. His laugh.

Why did you leave?

Slamming the door open, you bolted upstairs towards your room and left Belle to her own devices. You locked yourself in your room and began to breathe, each intake of oxygen getting lesser and lesser by the second. You perched at the edge of your bed and took deep breaths, trying your best to calm yourself down.

You just couldn't handle it anymore.

You reached for your laptop.

~*~*~

The farthest you could be from here was in the Philippines.

The soonest 1:45 am tomorrow.

~*~*~

You were gone, and you never looked back.