Five

"Jade?" Dr. Dolan or Ethan's mom asks.

"Um hi," I quietly mumble.

"Do you guys know each other?" Ethan asks a little confused.

"Yeah we met a while ago," I answer before she can. Not wanting her to explain to him the real reason I know her.

Things were going so great, I wasn't planning on telling him anything until things got a little more serious.

After a minute of silence it gets so awkward I want to cringe.

"Well I'm going to go to the bathroom, you guys can talk if you want," Ethan says breaking the silence.

He pulls himself out of the pool and heads inside.

"What a surprise to see you here," she says once Ethan closes the door.

"Yeah," I chuckle nervously.

"So how have you been?" Ethan's mom or Doctor. Dolan says, I'm still not sure on what to call her.

"Pretty good," I rely and she nods her head, I don't know what to say so I just add in, "your sons really great."

"He can be at times," she chuckles. "When did you guys meet?"

"My last Doctor appointment we ran into each other, and we just started talking and things kind of went from there."

I didn't know seeing your doctor outside of the hospital would be this weird.

"Soo did my test results come in?" I ask trying to change the subject.

She bites her lip, and looks away.

"Is something wrong?" I ask concern filling my voice.

I step out of the pool and grab a towel that was laying on a chair. Every step I take I can feel the tension growing.

"I was about to call your mom I wasn't expecting to see you," after a pause she continues,"I'm so sorry, it breaks my heart to tell you this especially after seeing my son so happy with you, but the test results came back much worse then expected. I'll explain everything with you're mom, but we have estimated you only have a year or so left. I'm so sorry." She wipes away a tear that had fallen down her cheek.

I stumble backwards almost falling in the pool. Her last apology didn't even register because my mind is clouded. I knew I wasn't going to have a long life but I at least thought I had much longer then that. I was even coming around to the fact that I was going to die. But just the thought of dying so soon, it's hard to concept.

I drop the towel that I was gripping with all my strength and let it fall to the ground. Wiping away a tear I nod my head and grab Ethan's shirt that was laying nearby and slide it on and start to run to the gate of the pool, I open the gate but she calls after me, "Wait Jade, come back!"

I look back at her letting the tears fall down my face and say, "don't tell Ethan, please." Right as Ethan comes out he looks at me and worry immediately shows on his face. Just seeing his worried expression makes my legs Sprint away from the house without even thinking. I hear him call after me but I just ignore him.

I pass my house and keep going. Soon after My chest starts to tighten causing me to stop. My legs go out and I fall to the ground giving up. I hit the ground in anger yelling out. Then start punching the street till my knuckles are numb. My punches get weaker and weaker till I stop.

I'm gasping for breath from all the tears that won't stop coming. I curl up into a ball in the middle of the street hugging my knees, not caring if a car runs me over. What does it matter anyways I'm going to die.

Then it hits me again.

I'm going to die.

I sit there for who knows how long, until someone approaches. I hear them lay down next to me. Wondering I open my eyes and see him.

"What are you doing?"I ask completely done with everything.

"What are you doing?" He replies gently.

I don't respond, after a minute of silence I finally murmur, "your going to get hit by a car." With slight humour in my voice.

He removes my hands from my face making me look at him, my tired eyes with mascara running down my face, meet his concerned warm eyes.

"You die, I die to."