Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty;

I stared at the three figures in the doorway. Smiles beamed on their faces, as they waved frantically. I let a smile spread across my face as Lori wrapped her arms around Ryan's neck. His arms instantly went around her waist, picking her feet up from the ground. Alfredo walked a few steps into the house, before almost tackling me to the ground. I let a giggle escaped my lips, as I lightly patted his back.

"I missed you too Alfredo." His arms tightened, while I followed Chaz's body with my eyes. He grabbed the television remote, before plopping onto my couch. I finally got out of Alfredo's grip, only to back into Justin's. I felt his warm skin brush mine, making a smile dance it's way onto my face.

"So what are we doing today?" Kammie caught my attention, making me widen my eyes.

"I don't know what you guys are doing, but I need to call Fynn and Kelly. I have an interview with Oprah." I slipped from Justin's grip, making my way back to my room, to grab my phone. I sent a quick text to them both, before slamming my closet door open. My eyes danced across the many outfits, never landing on one. My fingers fiddled with my bottom lip, as I stared into the sea of clothing.

"So am I going with you?" I jumped slightly, turning my gaze to the doorway, where Justin casually leaned against the frame. His caramel eyes gazed at me, as they held a soft sparkle.

"No. You're going to watch your boyfriends and make sure they don't fuck up our house." He nodded, smiling at me. He stepped forward wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder. His lips perched against my neck, leaving soft kisses over and over again.

"Is it okay if Twist comes over?" He questioned, softly, rubbing my sides. My eyes slid closed as I curled my lips into my mouth.

"Justin." I whispered, not wanting to say my actual answer, which would be "fuck no", but I didn't want to be rude.

"Take that as a no." I slumped my shoulders, slouching a little.

"Justin, I want you to take this time to actually spend time with your daughter." He nodded, before smashing his lips against my cheek.

"Of course, Princess." His whispered, I could feel the smile on his lips. I giggled, and let my hands rest on his.

"So. What should I wear?" I asked, causing him to chuckle. My fingers picked at the clothing as my phone blared through the room. A sigh escaped my lips, as I patted over to it. I picked it up, looking at the name. Dad.. The phone shot to my ear, and I listened for him to speak.

"Usher is in the hospital." He spoke, I could hear the hurt in his voice.

"In Atlanta? I'll be there ASAP." I rushed through my words, as my feet rushed to the closet, pulling down a duffle bag. Whatever my fingers touched was thrown into the bag, along with my phone charger, and laptop. I zipped it up, before grabbing sweat pants and a half top. I slipped it over my head, and slipped on the sweats. I grabbed flip-flops, and threw my hair into a messy bun.

"What is going on?" Justin finally spoke up, as I rushed out the door. I quickly dialed Oprah's number back, praying that she would answer.

"Hello?" Her voice rang.

"Hi, Oprah. This is Brooklynn. I can't make it today. I have a family emergency in Atlanta. Is it possible I could do the interview in a few days?" I spoke quickly, rushing pass my friends in the living room, grabbing my car keys out of the bowl.

"Of course."

"Thank you." I hung up my phone, slipping it into the cleavage, and glanced at Kammie and Lori.

"Can one of you, pack Nevaeh's bag, and meet me in Atlanta, ASAP." They nodded, and ran up the stairs. I swung open the door, putting my phone back to my ear, calling Mo. My eyes connected with Justin's, making me shrug.

"Do I need to come with you?" I shook my head, pointing to the couch.

"Stay here. No parties, no drinking, don't have sex, and no DRUGS." I spoke up with the last words, making him roll his eyes. I ignored his gesture, and told Mo to get a private jet ready.

"I love you baby." I said, as I walked out the door. I just watched him tilt his head a little, making me scrunch my eyebrows together. My flip-flops smacked the cement, as I rushed to my lambo. I put my stuff in the trunk, and drove down the drive way, swerving onto the freeway.

--

My fingers impatiently tapped the side of the car, as it drove me to the hospital. My mine jumped, and darted in every direction. My heart was going 1000 an hour, and tears gently grazed my cheeks. My phone rested in my hand, as the car slowly made it's way through traffic.

"Seriously, man. Speed it up a little, please." I mumbled, running my hand through my hair.

"Ma'am, the traffic." He pointed out, stating the fucking obvious. I threw a 100 into the front seat, before slamming the door open, and grabbed my shit.

"Thank for the ride." I hissed, making my way down the street, rushing through the never ending cars. My flip-flops slapped the cement, making me kick them off. My feet pounded the fiery grey solid, making a burning sensation course through my body. Here I was running down Atlanta highway, making my way to a hospital. I didn't really care. I pushed myself forward, ignoring the stares that I was receiving from other citizens. A sigh of relief exited my lips, as I slipped through the sliding doors of the hospital. I looked around, begging to see someone I knew, or I was related to. My eyes landed on my father, with his head in his hands. My feet patted the cool ground, right before I threw myself into his lap.

"Daddy, is he okay?" I whimpered, nudging my neck in the crook of his neck.

"I don't know Princess, they haven't said anything."

Silence surrounded us, as we waited for the doctors to tell us news. I never once left my father's lap. I let him hold, just like when I was young. I don't care if I'm 19. My tears fell like gentle rain, never ending rain...

don't think everything between Justin and Brooke are perfect, because, they both make mistakes...... Keep that in mind.-