Tension, doubt, truth.

Manik's POV

'Manik, are you okay' My brother asked me, for the nth time, concerned by my silence.

We are sitting at a diner sipping our coffees, for the past 5 long minutes, but I haven't mouthed any word other than I am okay to him all this time.
I was nervous, terribly nervous. I am the one suggested, for us, to meet up for the talk, but now i can't even voice out my inner feelings.

'Manik? Spill it. Is the matter that bad?' He glanced me, eagerly and bit worried.

I simply nodded at him.

He wiggled his forehead impatiently.

'Manik? What is it?' He demanded.

'You were right, Cabir. You were fully right' I mumbled, guiltily.

'I know that, I am right always' he chuckled. 'But the question is why are you saying it, now, at this moment' he raised his brows at me.

'It was all a misunderstanding' I muttered, absentmindedly, focussing my eyes down.

'What?' He snapped.

'Everything. It was all framed. She was framed. He was framed. And I being dumb and foolish get in the trap easily' I bit my lips, in anguish.

'What are you talking about?' He demanded.

'Why hadn't i trusted her, cabir? Why? Why ? Why? I hurt her cabir. She won't forgive me. ' I can feel my eyes brimming up. straightened up my eyes looking straight at Cabir.

He is eyeing me confusingly and incredulously.

'Are you in any damn possible way talking about Nandini?' He hissed.

'Yes' I murmured.

'I know it. I guessed it' he closed his eyes, and bought up his palms above the eyes, keeping it there. It's seemed he is trying hard to calm himself. He is surely, pissed off with me.

'Cabir' I called out, panickly.

'Spill it out. Everything I want to know everything?' Snapping from his position, he looked at me.

'Yeah. Cabir, that day, don't you remember, what I had said you about Nandini, you know, about seeing her in a compromising, cosy position with a guy in a hotel room, which made me doubt on her,which made me accuse her of cheating? ' I said.

'Yeah. And I don't believe it, neither that time not now, or in future. I trust Nandini enough to know that she can't perform such a heinous act in her consciousness, she can't cheat you. I am sure of it' He hissed, at more in an annoyed tone, supporting Nandini.

'You are right, Cabir. She was innocent. She hadn't done anything wrong. It was all a misunderstanding, the whole thing. That guy who i saw with Nandini that day at hotel was Rohan' i mumbled, weakly, trying harder to suppress the pain and guilt galloping me every seconds.

'What? What the fuck are you talking about?' Cabir, shouted me, indignantly and apprehensively, grabbing some attention towards us. But we ignored all the looks directed at us.

I disclosed the whole truth to cabir, each and everything I get to know  from Rohan and Nandini and my own thoughts.

He heard out me patiently, trying his best to suppress the venom directed at me, if we were a closed room i am sure that he might have strangled me to death.

'Oh my god' Cabir face palmed, letting out a heavy sigh.

'She won't forgive me, Cabir' I said.