32: girls day and recreating prom

We got out of the car, at a little cafe to get some cupcakes. After we finished, we went to our nail appointment, then to lunch. After we ate, we went shopping at the mall. Skylynn picked out the cutest little princess dress and said she wanted it for her birthday party ( which still isn't for another few months), but I got it for her anyways. We went to Sephora also, and I got some new makeup. After we were finished, it was about 3:00. We decided to go back to the house.
    When we got home, Hayes and Nash were making dinner. It smelled amazing!
    "Hey babe, what are you making? It smells delicious."
    I said hugging his waist from behind, as he stirred the liquid in the pot on the stove.
    " I'm making potato soup, and Nash is making... Nash what are you making again?"
  He said asked Nash. Nash laughed a little.
     " I said it was a surprise!"
  He said laughing. I nodded and smiled at him. I went upstairs to put my stuff away, when Cali came in my room and shut the door.
    "Hey cal what's up?"
  I asked concerned. She had a nervous look on her face so I new something was up.
    "You know how I said my brother had leukemia?"
  She asked.
    "Yes of course."
  I said worried. I pat the spot on the bed next to me, for her to sat down.
    "Well the doctors had something wrong, and there was a complication in surgery, and they said he only has three days to live."
  She said crying. She sat down, and cried on my shoulder. I rubbed her back, and hugged her as she cried. I texted Nash and told him to come to my room ASAP.
    Shelby- you need to come up here ASAP
Nash- why? What's wrong???
   Shelby- it's about Cali's brother. Just get up here and hug her!
Nash- coming.
   Nash came upstairs, and saw her crying. He ran his hand through his hair worried, and sat down next to us.
    "Are you okay Cali?"
  He asked rubbing her back.
    "No."  
   She said sobbing again.
     "Is there anything I can do?"
  He asked.
      "Can you get rid of my brothers leukemia and keep him from dying?"
  She asked.
     "I'm so sorry Cali. I can't do that."  
   He said.
      "Then no."
  She said.  I left them alone and went downstairs. I decided to FaceTime Cali's brother since she didn't have enough time to fly back to see him.
    "Hey Shelby!"
  He said excitedly.
     "Hey Aaron!"
  I said laughing.
    "Is Cali okay?"
  He asked
    "No. But it will get better eventually."
I said.
    "Can I talk to her?"
  He asked nervously.
     "Of course!"
  I nodded. I ran upstairs, and handed Cali the phone. Her face lit up, and they talked for the next two hours. She introduced him to Nash, and I'm pretty sure his exact words were...
    "You seem great, but if you hurt my sister I swear I will come back from the dead and kick your butt."
  Everyone laughed when he said that. Once they were done talking, I went back downstairs to see dinner was ready, and all set out for us.
    "Do you want to go out tomorrow night?"
  Hayes asked as I sat down.
     "Sure! Where too?"
  I asked.  He smiled at me.
     "I was thinking dinner and a movie?"
  He asked hopefully.
     "Sure!"
  I said excitedly. He put his arm around me as we are. Once we were done, I put up the dishes and we went to Hayes' room to watch a movie.
    "Let's talk."
  He said.
     "About what?"
  I asked. We stared at the ceiling.
    "Did you get to go to your first prom?"
  He asked randomly. 
     "Nope. Did you?"
  I said.
     "I didn't either. I was on tour."
  He said. His eyes lit up which meant he had an idea.
    "Go put on a fancy dress, and we will have our own prom!"
  He said very excited.
     I nodded running out of his room to get ready. Once I got into my room, I looked all through my closet. I finally found a two piece champagne ombré colored sparkly dress, that I had done a photoshoot in. I put it on with white heels, and curled my hair. I did my makeup and then dramatically walked down the stairs. Hayes stood in awe, as I came down. He was wearing a black tux, with a white button down underneath. He looked adorable as usual. He grabbed me and spun me around. He blasted music on his speaker, then played a slow song. He pulled me close, and we danced in sink to the song. I saw Elizabeth walk in, but she smiled and put her hands on her chest before walking into her room.  Hayes kissed me and pulled me into his chest. His was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, and that's when I realized the engagement ring didn't scare me anymore because he was the one that I would spend the rest of my life with.