CHAPTER VII: She's Gone

March 12th, 1984
5:31 p.m.
Nancy

   "What's the plan for when AJ gets here?"I asked Mike.

   "El thinks that she's strong enough to fight her off so we'll let her try and if it doesn't work the cops will shoot."Mike said.

   "Wait, Mike. You're going to have her killed?"Jonathan asked in a concerned tone which confused me.

   "No, we're just going to injure her and then move from there."Mike replied.

   "Wait, El, what are you going to do to fight her off?"Dustin asked, but El wasn't paying attention.

   "El?"Mike asked and we all noticed that she was focusing on something and that her nose was bleeding.

   "El, what's happening?"I asked and then  she was thrown back against the wall and a rush of debris fell from the ceiling.

   "You can't defeat me."A familiar voice rang out and we turned around to see AJ and a boy standing at the end of the hall.

   "AJ."Will said as he stepped towards her. The boy then began to walk towards us. Once he got close enough he became to identical boys. The boys got uncomfortably and dangerously close to Will and then smirked at him.

  "Woah."Dustin said as he pulled Will back and behind him.

   Jonathan ran at the boys with our baseball bat, but was thrown back to AJ. She picked him up by his shirt and had him pinned against the wall by his throat while she taunted him.

   "Jonathan!"I yelled out and attempted to run past the boys. Once I made it past them and was so close to Jonathan, AJ flung me back into Steve causing us to fall on the floor. Jonathan then managed to break free and began to run towards us, but he was then caught by AJ. Jonathan attempted to fight her off, but she was still clearly winning.

   "Jonathan!"Will screamed out in fear as the identical boys held him and the others back.

   The cops then shot at AJ but used her mind to make the bullets turn around and hit the cops. This left us with her, two boys, and a whole lot of dead cops. I sprung up and grabbed one of their guns. El then managed to break free from the boys and even injure them a bit. She began to sneak towards AJ, but before she could get there AJ made a barrier of fire around her and Jonathan with her mind. The identical boys then sprung back up and began to fight with El, Will, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas. Steve finally got back up and Steve attempted to get one of the boys off of them. I then shot the boy in the arm while Steve tried to fight off the other one. However, the boy than disintegrated.

   "You must have shot the original."Mike chimed in from behind me and I turned around to look at him.

   "Jonathan!"Will called out, pulling my attention back to his brother. I looked over the flames at Jonathan and saw that she was chocking him. He was literally begging for his life.

   "Hey, Fourteen!"I called out randomly and she looked at me. I then shot her in the chest and she then fell onto the ground in pain. The flames then died out and Jonathan ran towards us.

   "I killed her."I mumbled as I fell into a trance of fear. I fell to the ground on my knees and Jonathan rushed to my side. "She's gone."

   "You did a good thing, Nancy."Steve said. "She killed and injured so many people."

   I then looked up a Jonathan. "Are you okay?"I asked.