When Link Wasn't Here

When Link left me, I couldn't think straight. When he left me, I was ready to do anything to get my son back. When he left me, I was desperate for those incredible memories we made back in Buies Creek.
This is what I did when I wasn't home at nights. As you know, Christopher and Rhett let me out when I wanted to, despite the fact that I wasn't even adult enough at that moment to take care of myself. They let me out at night like a cat.
In that desperate need to relive my childhood again, I rebuilt the treehouse. How? It was easy. Every morning, I drove to the forest, not far away from home. But before that, I had to stop at a few houses. I bought every single detail for the house from random people who had these things on sale.
Getting the stuff was easy, but building the treehouse... Not so much. Thankfully I found another old treehouse's remains and building the walls and floor on the older house wasn't as difficult as-

"Wait, where exactly is this treehouse?" asked Link, interrupting my story.

"Hard to explain," I said with a shrug.

"Rhett, get the car, Christy Kay, get your phone so you can guide us there," said Link quickly, already putting on his jacket.

"No! We'll go together once I'm completely healed!" I almost shouted, trying not to giggle because of the fact that Link had just called me Christy Kay again.

Rhett interrupted. "No, he's right. Let's go, Link. And, Chris, don't you even dare not to answer your phone when we need more instructions."

"Fine..."

And then, something clicked.

"But I need my phone from Rhett's car."

"When the hell did that get there?" Asked Rhett immediately.

"You know..." My voice was very high, making my lie seem a little too obvious. "When I borrowed your car once. I completely forgot about my phone because I didn't need it at all. It's been in there ever since."

"Well, okay. Go and get it, me and Link have to make a small trip to the shop nearby."

"We what?" Asked Link, confused.

But Rhett had already handed me the keys and I told him I'd leave them to the receptionist.

"Let's get going," Rhett said, gave me a quick hug, which I tried and failed to reject because of my insides and then, he was out of the room.

Link kissed me on the forehead and was soon out as well.
I knew exactly what to do. Let's just say they got a pretty nice surprise once they called me for actual instructions.

"HOLY SHIT, YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME WHY WOULD YOU EVEN- HOW DID YOU GET IN THE CAR IT WAS LOCKED WHERE WHY HOW THIS IS RIDICULOUS WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED I SWEAR I'M GONNA CARRY YOU BACK TO THE HOSPITAL MYSELF YOU LITTLE PIECE OF WHATEVER IS THE OPPOSITE OF SHIT DID YOU EVEN THINK BEFORE SCARING THE LIVING HELL OUT OF ME I SWEAR MY HEART JUST STOPPED YOU'RE LUCKY WE'RE AT THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW SO YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH MURDERING ME OH MY GODAMMING JESUS THIS WHY DID YOU GOD WHYY IS THIS WHAT MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE LIKE FROM NOW UNTIL I DIE BUT OH HELL NAH -oh, look at that puppy outside- I AIN'T GONNA EVEN KNOW WHAT I WANT A NEW ONE FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE I'VE NEVER HAD A DREAM ABOUT IT AND THE OTHER DAY I DON'T THINK THAT THE TWO COUNTRIES AND INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS IN THE MORNING..."