Elements

We parked in front of a huge glass building. Almost like a skyscraper.
At first I didn't believe that there was restaurant somewhere up there, but Link mentioned that we were having dinner on the top floor so I just shut up and didn't ask any questions.
Link took my hand while we were led through the beautiful restaurant full of other couples like us and businessmen having meetings. The band was playing an unfamiliar tune and everyone was dressed so formally, that I felt insecure for a moment. Then I remembered that I was also wearing a dress and that I actually fitted in. That was a relief. Noone was staring at me, thank god. But we didn't stop at any tables, instead, we were led to the balcony, where there was a single table laid for us. The view was amazing. I could see everything from an eagle's perspective.
Quiet violin music was playing and not a single noise could reach us from the streets. The view made me dizzier than I already was and my stomach started turning again. It got a little better once we sat down.
We just kept staring at each other's eyes and the warm orange sky until the food was served. No words needed, everything was perfect.

"Remember when we slept at the treehouse?" Link said with a smirk.

"Yeah," I said, imagining the cold nights and amazing stories we made there.

"This is like a treehouse. Only a lot higher and bigger than ours," he stated and smiled warmly.

"We should go back there someday... I can't remember the last time I went to the Mythical Club..."

"We really should. And invite Rhett, too. Visit our old school or something..."

I sighed yearningly. We were so nostalgic.

"This is amazing, Link. You didn't have to..." I said, trying not to breathe too deeply since the dress was a little tight in the chest area.

"Yes, of course I did," he answered with a proud look on his face and snapped his fingers.

The music stopped and was replaced by another song, "Elements". But it wasn't playing from a tape anymore... It sounded... Real. Too real. I searched the balcony quickly with my eyes and saw a black curtain where the sound seemed to come from. And then, she stepped out. I almost fell backwards with my chair once I saw Lindsey standing there, playing one of my favorite songs. It felt unreal... But my dizziness and headache proved that I was still awake. I was so confused.
Link stood up quietly and came to my side of the table. I realized what was going on. It took me a while, but as soon as it reached my peanut-sized brain, I gasped.
He kneeled and said the fateful words, "Christine Kaitlyn Lane... Will you be mine, forever and always?"

Pure tears of happiness were streaming down my face. A waterfall, literally. Thank god I decided against makeup that day.
I nodded, loud sobs escaping my mouth every few seconds. Lindsey kept playing and I kept crying. Normally, I would've ran up to her and fangirl, but I didn't want to interrupt the song or the proposal.
Then, Link took my hand and grabbed a small box from his pocket. The most beautiful ring I'd ever seen.

"Link, I love you so much I want to die!" I exclaimed as I buried him in a hug.

"May I have this dance?" He said and bowed.

I nodded and-

BAM.

Without any warning, I felt something building up in my stomach. I excused myself and ran inside, anxious to find the nearest toilet as soon as possible.

Why now?!

Link didn't come after me at first.
Thankfully, I found the ladies room to be empty. And right on time. Everything I had eaten, all the unnormally expensive food came out. What a way to ruin the moment, Christine.
My tears of happiness turned to tears of pity really fast. What had I done?
I took off my heels and tried to control my breathing. I quickly rinsed my mouth, sat on the edge of the sinks and stared at myself in the mirror.

I was just proposed to.

I just met my idol.

I was brought to the most expensive restaurant ever.

And I managed to ruin everything.

"HOW DID I DO THAT?" I yelled my thoughts out loud.

And of course, Link entered.

"I am so sorry. I didn't know I was sick... I ruined everything. I love you so much. Please don't take what I did as an offense..." I said apologetically.

I hated myself for what I had done.

"Are you kidding me? Don't apologize. I love you, sick or not," he said and pulled me into a hug. "Christy Kay... Do you have something to tell me?"

"No, I guess not..." I shrugged. "What do you mean?"

He took my hands and looked into my eyes like Justin Bieber looking into the camera on a poster. That description... How eloquent.

"Are you... Pregnant?" He asked.

I gasped. I had never thought of that. Not in that way... How big was my brain again? Oh wait, I didn't have one.

"Um... I don't know..." I stammered, my voice shaky. "Why do you think that?"

"You've been so anxious lately. And a lot more emotional. The sickness... Sometimes you're clumsy and when you drop something, you apologize like you've just killed a person. And your dress might be tight from the top, cus' you know... They're growing," he said and gestured towards my... chest area.

"Oh my," I laughed and then immediately turned serious. "Will this change anything between us?"

"Absolutely not... You think I'm going to leave you because of the baby?"

"Well, we don't know for certain if I'm pregnant. But I have to admit, I am scared."

We just stared at each other for a long while. I knew he was thinking the same thing I was.

"A baby!" He exclaimed. "A baby! A BABY!"

He started jumping around the bathroom like a chicken and a proud future father (Yes, you can be both at the same time. When it comes to Link Neal, everything's possible).
The door clicked open and an old lady came in. She stared at Link in shock, her eyes as big as tennis balls, for a few seconds, then shook her head in disbelief and backed up quietly. I worked hard not to burst out laughing. Link didn't even notice!

"I love you so much!" He shouted and picked me up so high that I was almost touching the ceiling.

"I love you too," I said, laughing.

He kissed my tummy several times before putting me down. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. That's what true love should make you feel like.