New City, New Life

Before I get to the story, I have to tell you what's been happening after I moved to LA.

I have finished college in industrial engineering (weird choice, I know) and for at least two years, I had no idea what to do with my life.
We were back where we were 13 years ago, when I was 7.
We could afford anything we wanted without having to save money for a more expensive pair of boots or something.
After a year and a half of living with mom, I decided to find a decent job and get my own apartment. Only then I realized that engineering wasn't something I wanted to do for a living. Therefore, I got a job at Starbucks. It didn't pay a lot, but I could manage. Actually, I made even more than my mother did as a waitress in Buies Creek.
As soon as I got my own apartment, Paul moved to LA and moved in with mom. They got married soon after.

That was pretty much my life until I turned 27. I had lived in Los Angeles for ten years already and my only accomplishment was finding two friends who actually cared about me: Theresa and Victoria. Or Thesa and Viki for short. We met at college and been friends ever since.

Oh, yeah, I also learned how to play the guitar. I taught myself. It didn't take long before I started making covers of songs and performing at parties. That one was Viki's idea. After two years, Thesa got the brilliant idea that I should post my covers on youtube. They both thought that I was an excellent singer.
Currently, I'm a full-time youtuber. I have about a million subscribers on my channel and we sometimes even make videos with Viki and Thesa. It's like a half vlog, half singing page. My viewers are so supportive, I don't know what would I do without them. I have also moved into a bigger house, it's not super fancy for some people, but it's a home. I've lived there for a few months now. And in my opinion, it's perfect. Maybe even too luxurious.
The weird thing about my YouTube career is that I never collab with any other youtubers.
The only people who I've been in a video together are Theresa and Victoria. What I like about my career is that I can do what I love and be paid for it. That's awesome. Even though coming up with original ideas is difficult, I still love preparing for the videos. Thank god I have my two friends who help me make the videos.
Viki is the geek of the group. Actually, we both are. She's like the expert. Of everything. We share quite many fandoms: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, The Simpsons, Lindsey Stirling and many other books, musicians and TV shows. We can spend hours talking about these things. She also edits my videos.
Thesa is the one who clearly spends too much time on YouTube. She can name any youtuber within seconds. I personally don't watch YouTube, only music videos, but I love to walk in on her when she's watching videos and laughing her heart out at weird challenges. She's almost always wearing merch. Her favorite is a black hoodie with a white rat-like animal on it, which she says is called Randler (if that's how you spell it) and a pink t-shirt with a cookie wearing glasses. She usually sings with me in videos.

Now when it comes to Buies Creek... When we first left, I thought that I could never be happy again. I thought that Link and Rhett would never forgive me. I thought that they would at least want to stay connected with me. But they never answered my calls. They never called me. So I guess I just... Grew out of them.
No, I can't say that. To be completely honest... I've cried. Sometimes, I just look at my childhood pictures and cry. I can't stand being that far away from them. This usually happens at nights, when I come home to an empty house. Whenever Theresa and Victoria aren't around, I feel like a professional loner.
Exactly the way it was with Rhett and Link. Well, not exactly, but you get the point. I'm not good at being alone. But when I am, I like to take out my guitar and sing our song. I still remember it, I even wrote it down a couple years ago.

So that's my life.