There Goes Another Mistake

I don't remember how I got to bed. Everything that happened after sitting down next to Link in James' room is blurry.
When I finally got up, the bedroom was full of sunlight, I had slept pretty long.
I was still in my yesterday's outfit. I quietly tidied myself and changed my clothes. At least I looked cleaner.
After about ten minutes, I was completely ready. My throat felt quite sore from the cold wind from last evening, but my voice wasn't too bad.
I could hear some delicious bacon sizzling in the kitchen and ran downstairs to find Link cooking breakfast.
I quietly tiptoed behind him when he wasn't facing me. Just when I was about to hug him from behind, he turned around and bumped into me.

"LINK I AM SO SORRY!" I screeched and jumped into his arms.

His strong arms were around me, at last, making me feel safe. I had been quite cheerful just a few minutes before, but now my eyes were wet with tears.

"Stop apologizing! Christy Kay, I don't know what would've happened if you hadn't been stopped."

"I was in a shock. The funeral really injected something into me that made me... Mad," I said quietly. "Anyway, on a more bright topic, is the bacon ready?"

He chuckled huskily. "I think, yes. Want some?"

"Duh," I replied with a isn't-that-obvious-sigh and laughed.

We ate and just talked about normal things for a change. Normal things like our and James's future, how we should go out and have a weekend to ourselves, how awesome their new music video was going to be and that we should go to Buies Creek for Christmas. Just a normal conversation normal couples would have.

A few hours later, Victoria called. At first I thought that she probably had a thousand questions about my attempt to... You know what. But why would she have to know about it? Noone hadn't told her, I was sure.

"Hey, Katty," Victoria said the instant I answered my phone.

"Hey, Viki."

"How are you doing? We haven't talked for such a long time. And I haven't seen James in like, forever."

"I'm good."

"That's good."

"Er... How are you?"

"Pretty much nothing has changed. Theresa and I thought we should meet up. Just have a girls night out. What do y'think?"

"That's a great idea."

"Are you free tonight?"

"I have to ask Link if he can watch James Lincoln. Maybe it would be smarter for you to come here? I... I don't really feel like going out..."

"I thought we could spend time together... Just the three of us."

I finally gave in.

"Oh, dear god. Fine. Where and when?"

"My place at 5. Or you can come earlier."

"Okay, I'll be there. Bye!"

"Buh-bye!"

And at about half past five, I started driving to Victoria's place. I knew I was late.
When I arrived, they were already waiting outside. But there were more people beside Victoria. There were young boys and some were even wearing stupid costumes of different super heroes or animals. But no Theresa. Noone I actually knew. Even the girl who shouted my name was like a complete stranger in my eyes.