forgive me, my heart has spilled

i feel for you differently than i have felt for anything.

i care for you as much as i so desperately long to stare for hours at the star-smattered sky.

i care for you as i care for each otter on this planet.

i am as interested in your stories as i am stories speaking of friendly aliens and of love and heartbreak.

i want to hear you speak, to say my name, as badly as i want to wear every vintage dress i see.

i love you as much as i love nice biscuits and hot tea.

although, i'm not sure you could call it love.
i'm not sure what this is;
fascination? infatuation? complete and utter bliss induced by only fleeting fragments of your face?

i want to feel your warmth beside me as much as i want to feel the warmth of a pile of puppies snoring in my lap.

i long to caress your face as much as i lie in agonising wait for paintbrush to caress canvas.

i need to ask you as many questions that tumble through my brain in the moments my fingers glide across the white and black keys of a piano or tenderly open and close the pores of a stunning vintage saxophone.

i desire the feeling of you breathing beside me as much as i desire to lift my feet from the ground and fly.

i need you.

i need you when unexplainable tears glint in the reflection of the night sky- i need you in this moment because i long to have you make british tea and touch my fingertips to yours.

i need you when i'm lying in the middle of nowhere with my best friend in a moment of pure, intoxicating euphoria- i need you in this moment because i long to be enlightened with your opinion on the topic at hand.

i need you when i can hardly breathe and my stomach is churning- i need you in this moment because i long to have more than one hand on my shoulder, more than one hand in my hair, more than finger under my chin.

i'm not sure why i need you.

i'm not sure why i love you, a human, as much as things that are so painstakingly not human.

i'm not sure why i am so drawn to you and i never want it to end.

please don't give up on me.

i was gonna say who this is about but i think it's more beautiful if you don't know