Chapter 6: Meeting the gang

We just sat there, talking and joking around till we heard voices. Jessica automatically tenses up, causing me to immediately take her hand. She looked at me and I gave her a small smile telling her that it was going to be fine. From the corner of my eye I could see Jackson smiling at us with a look of worry in his eyes.

We looked at the door waiting for the gang to come and join us. And not even 10sec has gone by and the gang was already storming into the dining room, but they stopped in their tracks when they saw us. 

Some were giving us looks of lust, obviously boys and some girls, some were smiling as if they knew we were here and some had shocked looks on their faces.

Jackson immediately stood up and turned to the gang and showed with his hand to them to take their seats.

When every one was seated at the table, which hold about 50 people without counting, Jackson lifted his hands and everyone became silent and looked at him. Him being second command, everyone looked up at him with respect. 

"As you all know, we need new partners in not just fighting and weaponry, but also in tech and plans. So we went through many people and we have come to the best of all, which also does not only have one of those skills, but all of them. And I'm glad we found her because finding her, I also found my sister. Gang, meet my long lost sister and also our hopefully new gangmember, Laura Steel. With her friend  and partner aannndd maybe my girlfriend one day, Jessica."

That comment made Jessica look at him and start to glare. She may be soft sometimes but she has her limits and him saying that, he pushed her wrong button. If he really wanted her to be his girlfriend, he has to work harder now.

When Jackson finished talking everyone looked at us, smiled and cheered.  He gave me a look, that I know so well. He wants me to say something.

I stood up and everyone instantly became quiet. For a gang that is fearless and doesn't follow the rules, they sure have a lot of respect. I like it.

"I'm not really sure what to say. But I would like to promise all of you, that if we join, I will sure as hell make sure to make all of us the greatest gang that will and have ever lived. I will make sure that we get all of that potential out of everyone and make us all, a complete family."  I stared straight at everyone, every promise shown in my eyes. They all stared at me, encouraging me to go on. Even some of them gawd at me. Looking at Jess, we both knew the answer, we both somehow felt like this time it would be different, so why not try?