Chapter 8

Derrick

" Bae, come hea'," I said, as I was watching the game.

She came from the kitchen with her computer and glasses, she's been really bummed. She has to find another location and its been really hard on her..

" Derrick, I'm busy," she said.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her in my lap, " Take a break."

" Breaks aren't really a thing, when you're actually running your business," she said.

" Haha, funny," I said.

I wrapped my arms around her waist, " Oo Bae, you done put on a few extra pounds."

" So I'm aware of," she said, rolling her eyes.

" I didn't mean it like that," I whispered in her ear and licked it. She sighed as I went to her neck and started to kiss her softly. I soon put my hand in her sweatpants. She jumped up instantly.

" Lauren really," I said.

" Yes, I just can't, especially not now," she shook her head.

" We haven't had sex in 3 months," I said.

She nodded, " And I'm sorry but I just can't."

"Whatever Lauren," I said, getting up grabbing my keys.

" Wait, Derrick.." She followed, " Where you going?"

" I'll be back later," I said, slamming the front door.

Lauren

After getting the door slammed in my face, I grabbed my keys and purse and headed to Q's.. I just couldn't stand the thought of Derrick touching me, I didn't want to do to do that when all I was that to be Q.

I arrived to his house and ran to the door. He answered the door.

" Hey Beau..(gco)," he said.

" Q, why did you do that the day we had dinner by Mama?" I asked.

" I was just in the moment," he said, licking his lips, " you liked it?"

" This is serious, I'm married. I can't just let you give me oral here and there when you want, then leave," I said.

" And I'm sorry, I should've never went that far," he said, "can you forgive me?"

I looked at him, " What do you see in me?"

" What?" He asked.

" I'm curious, what do you see in me. I mean I'm fat, why'd you ever want me?" I asked.

" First of all, your not fat. You're curvy, curvy in all the right places. Lauren I've been in love with you since high school, I was just to punk to say it. You're smart, sassy, which I love, and independent. You're very quirky at times, which I adore. I just want to offer you something , Derrick can't, my heart, and loyalty," he said.

I wanted to jumped right into his arms and kiss him, but I couldn't. I can't.

" We can't continue this Q. I'm sorry," I said, walking away.

He tried grabbing my hand, "What? I apologized . I won't do it again. I promise Lauren."

" You think we could just be cool Quincy? Especially after what you just told me. I can't," I said.