Chapter 25

*Days Later...

Derrick

" Wassup, Bro?" Richard said as I walked in, "We haven't seen you in a few days."

" I've been sick," I nodded.

"Look bro', I'm sorry for--"

" Bro', we good cause at the end of the day who she comes home to every night.... me cause that's my ole' lady. Ain't nobody worried about that immature ass lil boy," I chuckled to myself.

" Aye well then it'll be nice for you to know that he's been asking for Lauren," Richard said.

" Oh for real?" I asked, nodding closing my locker, " Well luckily is visiting hour."

I walked out and walked to Carter, " Hey man, I'd like to visit Derrick Williams."

" Ain't you on duty, my man," he said as he called for Derrick.

" This won't take that long, I just need to talk to em'," I said as I went to take a seat.

" Don't do anything stupid, Q," he said.

Derrick walks out with a smirk on his face and walks to the table where Q is, " Hm, what you want sucka'?"

"What I wanna know is why the hell have you been asking for Lauren?" I asked clearly pissed off.

" Aww calm down homeboy, trust me ion want shii to do with that anymore," he chuckled.

" See niggas like you disgust me, you have a real one who's willing to stand by your side, hold you down. It's not like she has ever asked you for shit! She's been independent her entire life, yet you let her go! Dumbass. All I want to let you know is that she's coming to bail yo stupid ass out, though you gon be back up in hea', but after that keep ha' fucking name outcha' mouth." I stood up.

"How could you be so sure? She's still mine remember that, they always come back!" He yelled as I walked away.

*******************************

Kiaa

" You look pretty today," Neah said.

" What? I don't look pretty any other day," I questioned.

She laughed, " Oo girl! You need to work on those hormones or something!"

I rolled my eyes and closed my locker, " Thank you," I mumbled.

" But you already knew that," she said reapplying her lipstick in her mirror.

I was holding my books, waiting for her to finish, so we can make our way to third block before the hallway becomes crowded.

" Kiaa, come on I need to talk to you," Robert said.

I rolled my eyes and smacked my lips, "I think not." I chuckled to myself, while shaking my head.

"Kiaa! Come on and stop being so fucking childish for once!" He yelled.

I looked at Neah, "Go ahead."

I scoffed and walked ahead of him going to our favorite spot, the janitors closet. I leaned against the wall as he shut the door behind him.

" Come on, I don't have all day," I said.

He pulled out $300 out of his pocket, " Take this, and go about your business."

"What's this?" I asked a little taken back hoping it's not what I think it's for.

"Well I talked to my uncle, since I know if my parents found out about this baby they'd kill me, and he gave me money for the abortion," he said placing it in my hands.

I chuckled to myself, "Do you think it's that easy Robert? Take yo damn money back," I said throwing it in his face, grabbing my bag off the floor,"I'm keeping our baby regardless."

He grabbed my arm and pinned me against the wall, " Kiaa, please don't do this! I'm not ready to be a father and I think this would be in our favor!"

"Robert, you're only thinking about yourself, get off of me!" I yelled as he tightened his grip.

" Get rid of the baby Kiaa or else!" He yelled in my face. This was not the Rob I knew and love, he was more thoughtful and kind, but this person was most definitely not him.

I begin to find tears falling out of my eyes, he let me go and stormed out. I just fell to my knees and began to cry, it's not like I tried to do this.

************************

After cheer practice for about two hours for the biggest game of the season, I was very fatigued. My body was sore and felt a little dizzy.

"Auntie!" I yelled, " Are you here?"

No answer...

Lauren

-2 Hours Later-

I walked in our new two story apartment, "Kiaa I bought you your favorite... Popeyes!" I yelled.

" I'll go see if she's in her room," Q said.

" No she should be answering," I said, getting a little scared.

I ran upstairs and found her on the floor by her door of her bedroom, "Quincy!" I yelled.