Chapter 18

Lauren

" My Mama! My Mom is in the house!" I screamed, grabbing my phone, running outside to my car.

" Lauren, Lauren, Lauren!" Someone yelled at me as I was panting looking for my car keys.

I looked up, " Here."

" No! She shouldn't drive. Auntie I gotchu'," Kia said.

I threw her the keys and got in the passenger side. We made it to the house less than 5 minutes.

Soon as we pulled up, I instantly just made a run for it. I ran in and saw my mother on the floor, groaning. She was hit 4 times, in the arm, in the leg, in the stomach, and in her chest.

"Mama!" I screamed falling to the floor.

" Lauren?" She looked at me, grabbing my face, smiling, " I'm fine. Just call the ambulance."

" Already done." Kia says while outside. She couldn't stand to see her grandmother like so.

Quincy and Derrick , and Maya pulled up. They all ran in, seeing Mama in pain.

The ambulance finally pulled up, Mama closed her eyes..

" Mama? Mama?" Lauren asked.

The people ran in and put Mama on the stretcher and rushed her into the ambulance.

" They are going to rush her to Our Lady, meet us there," I told Q em.

They nodded as I got into the ambulance with Mama..

************

They instantly rushed Mama into the OR, we all are in the waiting room. We didn't hear anything yet.

I walked outside to get some fresh air.

Derrick

I followed behind Lauren, she was smoking a cigarette. I knew she wasn't really big on smoking, but when she did, you knew she wasn't in the mood.

" Hey, you good?" I asked.

She looked at me.

" Take that as a "No." I said.

She threw the cigarette to the ground and stepped on it.

" It's funny. I mean who would do such a thing?" She said on the verge of crying.

I became to feel guilty because after all this is my fault.

" Lauren, it's my fault," I said.

" How could that possibly be? You were at my event," she said.

" I owed Tip some money and I didn't want to pay him back. Business has been slow, so he put matters into his own hands, ( GCO)."

" What the actual fuck? Are you serious? I know you could've paid him back!" She yelled, " Now my mother is paying for your wrongdoings! Ugh, I can't stand to even look at you right now!" She yelled, walking back inside.

Lauren

Quincy and Amaya were walking back in.

" Where y'all coming from?" I asked, pissed off.

" Seeing Mama. You look upset, what's wrong?" Quincy asked.

" It's all his dumb ass fault, now my mama in the damn hospital bed."

" What you mean his fault?" Maya asked.

" He owed Tip some money." I said.

" So basically... Mama T is in there shot because his bitch ass didn't pay his money for his wack ass "business"," Quincy yelled.

" Look you can't say shit about mines. I handle my shit," Derrick said.

" Obviously not! Yo Mother in Law in there, shot four times because of you. Not to mention she's fighting cancer!" Quincy yelled.

" Gentleman either you can take it elsewhere or be quiet," the nurse came and said.

" They'll be quiet," I said giving them that look, " I'm going see Mama," I said.

" I'll come with you," Derrick said.

" I think not," I said.

" I'll come with you, then," Q said putting his arm around my shoulder, walking in with me.

As we got closer to the room, all I heard was, " Cold Blue!" and a bunch of nurses ran in, pushing Q and I out of the way.

" Cold Blue? Quincy what's going? What's happening to my Mom? I thought everything was fine!" I said as I started freaking out.

" Mam I'm sorry, but your going to have to leave like now," one of the nurses said.

" Lau; lets go," he said.

" Q, no!" I said.

" Lauren please!" He said.

I saw as they were doing that shock, clear bull!

" I thought they said she was going to be fine!" I cried as Q walked me out.

" She will," he said sitting me down as I laid in his chest.

Derrick stormed outside but I didn't care, after all this was his fault.

Kia had to go to the house and get Mama's information and what not.

About 30-45 minutes later, the doctor came out, " Tricey Taylor's family?"

I stood up and walked up to him. Quincy, Maya and Derrick followed.

" That would us," I said.

" Well for starters, your Mom was doing well after we did the surgery, but it went left. As you know your mother has breast cancer."

" Yes sir," I said nodding.

" Well, by her getting hit in the chest it just cause matters to become worst, and we did everything we could to try and bring her back, I'm sorry." He said.

I fell. My Mother, my backbone! She's was my everything, now she's gone?

~Shae✨