29

JESS'S POV

As we drove down to the airport in the heavy storm, I watched the rain trickle down the passenger window and the lightning crash from afar. The storm was getting closer, and quickly. I just wanted it to stop so I could get on the plane to Australia. It was about a 14 hour flight, squished between my mom and dad, but it was definitely worth it if I could see my friends.

I just wasn't sure what would happen when I saw Luke...

We arrived at the airport, and were told our flight had been delayed another hour or so. I sighed, just wanting it to hurry up.

Once they announced that our plane was boarding, we headed through security and made our way to the plane.

-----------------

The plane landed after the longest flight of my life, and butterflies filled my stomach. In just a few short hours, I could see Cal, Mikey and Ash. My thoughts wandered to Luke and Arzaylea. I had seen so many pictures of them together and tweets about each other, that it was almost too much to handle. I had turned off his notifications for Twitter, and it eventually got easier. But living in the same city would be a challenge to avoid him, especially when I was best friends with his band mates.

We grabbed our bags and headed down to the cab stop to get a ride to our new house.

"Wow," I muttered. "This house is huge."

"That's because your dad has a good job." My mom laughed. I walked inside and walked up the stairs to claim a bedroom. I took the biggest one, with a walk-in closet and a balcony. I decided to message the boys.

Group Chat With 5sos

@MukeCashton4life: GUESS WHAT

@Calum5SOS: Wait let me add the others quick

@Michael5SOS, @Luke5SOS, and @Ashton5SOS have been added to the chat!

@MukeCashton4life: IM IN SYDNEYYYYY

@Luke5SOS: Really?

@MukeCashton4life: yeah

@Calum5SOS: COME SEE US

@MukeCashton4life: I cant but you can come see me :)

@Michael5SOS: SEND ADDRESS NOW

@MukeCashton4life: Calum down Mikey  *sends address*

@Ashton5SOS: ON OUR WAY

End Of Group Chat

I smiled to myself. I couldn't wait to see my best friends again.

LUKE'S POV

"I don't wanna go." I snapped. The others were trying to get me to go see Jess, but I couldn't face her. Not when I have Arzaylea watching my every move.

"Come on, Luke. Are you really gonna let Arzaylea dictate your every action?" Ashton looked frustrated. 

"It's not like that. I just want to be loyal." I defended. Why couldn't they understand that?

Michael shook his head at me. "Whatever, man. You're missing out on something great." Then he walked out the door, Calum and Ashton following close behind.

I stood there for a minute, considering going with them. After a good minute of contemplating, I ran outside and yelled, "Wait up,"

When we arrived at Jess's new house, I mentally prepared myself for seeing her after so long. I wanted to see her, I just didn't want to fall for her again. Last time was difficult enough when she lost her memory of me. I didn't want to get hurt again...

"Mikey! Cal!" Jess squealed and hugged the two boys when she opened the door. Then she saw Ashton and gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She saw me and gave me a shy smile and I reluctantly gave her one in return. She let us inside and led us up to her room.

"We need to hang out A LOT." Michael said to her, acting as if he were a teenage girl. She nodded and smiled wide.

After a half hour the other boys went down stairs because the had to 'discuss something ', although I think they just wanted Jess and I to have some alone time. I'm not gonna lie, it freaked me out a bit.

"So, uh, how are you and Arzaylea?" She asked, trying to make conversation.

I shrugged. "We're good, I guess."

She nodded, but didn't say anything else.

"So how have you been?" I asked awkwardly.

She shrugged. "I don't know, to be honest." She looked at the ground. I could tell her sadness was mostly my fault.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" She gave me a confused look.

"For the way I left you. I shouldve been nicer. it's just that Arz doesn't want me talking to you.." I said the last part quietly, not sure how Jess would react to it.

"Oh," her face fell. "I'm sorry to hear that."

I nodded. "I, uh, I should go." I muttered, then ran out of the room and out the front door.

"Luke," Calum called. "Where are you going?"

"I'm taking the car home." I shouted back. "Call an Uber or something." Then I got into the car and drove home in complete silence.

I couldn't fall for her again.

I couldn't.