8- Making friends

I settled on pancakes, knowing it would be something we both would enjoy before starting to prepare them.

Just as I was plating up, Tiffany came out wrapped in a towel and almost immediately she came rushing over, her eyes wide at the food now placed on the table. I saw her inhale the scent, and then sit down in front of them eager to tuck in.

"Oh my..." she whispered as she gawked at them. I smiled, watching as she grasped the knife and fork but a little curious as to why she didn't make a further move with them. She was looking up to me expectantly and I was confused why. I wasn't going to give her permission to start her food....that was ludicrous.

Still somewhat confused, I sat down opposite Tiffany with my own plate while starting my breakfast immediately, trying to show her that it was okay. As soon as I started however, she began too. So she was waiting for me...I was about to say something about that, until she tasted the dish.

"Mmmm." She moaned, catching me a little off guard. I hadnt even got the chance to continue my breakfast as my eyes were stuck on the way Tiffany stuffed the pancakes into her mouth quickly, like she was afraid they'd be taken off her if she slowed to savour them.

I lost my appetite after that, she had obviously gotten that habit from the orphanage she was from. Fighting to finish her food in case someone came along and stole the rest. My grip tightened on the cutlery in anger, just imagining her there made me feel things I didn't like to feel. But I had to remember that she wasn't there anymore......

"Good?" I asked, knowing already what the answer was.

"So good, thank you." She beamed, her smile reaching her eyes before disappearing into those little crescents I loved to see. How could somebody treat such a beauty that way?

If I ever saw anyone that worked or lived in that orphanage-

"Is there something...?" Tiffany asked while pointing to her face, suddenly breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, sorry," I replied with a shake of my head, quickly realising I had been staring right at her. "I must have zoned out for a second."

Tiffany smiled to dismiss my apology, then looked down at her empty plate.

"Thank you." she said as she bowed her head.

"No problem Tiff." I winked, noticing her smile grew even wider.

"No. Thank you, for everything. I didn't know people like you existed...you're one of a kind."

That familiar blush crept onto her cheeks and it was adorable how she tried to cover it up. It didn't work though, I saw everything.

"How many times are you going say thank you?" I chuckled, placing my fork down on my plate once I had had my fill. Dabbing at my lips with a napkin, I resisted letting out a burp and instead slouched down into my chair.

"Enough so that you realise how amazing you are." Wow, what a complete and utter sweetheart.

"Silly girl." I tutted, suddenly feeling shy under her gaze. When I tried to get the conversation off of myself, Tiffany sighed a little, as if she didn't want to just yet. "Would you like to do anything today? Well, this morning. I have a shift later on."

She thought for a short while before asking "Like what?"

"I'm not sure." I replied, trying to think of something she would enjoy. " I could invite a friend over?" I then suggested. "She has a sister that's your age that you could hang out with. If you two got on well then she could maybe keep you company tonight."