22- Unwanted company

I woke up to the smell of burning. I shot out of bed only to find I was still naked on the top half so quickly grabbed a robe and then ran to the kitchen. What I saw made me laugh, Tiffany was by the stove waving her hands around to try to get rid of the smoke. I stayed by the doorway and watched, yes I was mean but it was so funny. She had no idea what the hell to do, thankfully after struggling for a while she turned to run to my room, I'm assuming to wake me up and tell me what she'd done but when she saw me standing there with a smirk on my face she stopped.

"Yah" she pouted. I chuckled and she stomped her way over to me, grabbed my hand and led me to the frying pan that housed something black and unrecognisable.

"What. On earth. Is that."

"Don't be mean" she replied, folding her arms like a sulking kid. I grinned and turned to her, taking both her hands in my own.

"Stop being silly. Now....I really want to know what that is because I literally have no idea" she pushed me and whined.

"Eggs"

My jaw dropped and I looked closer into the pan. I couldn't even tell you what it looked like...certainly not eggs. Oh wait...I saw chunks of the shell in there, delicious. I made an extremely fake interested face and she burst out laughing before pulling me into a hug.

"It was meant to be a surprise"

"It most certainly is a surprise babe" I snorted. "Why don't you let me take over the cooking from now on, yeah?" I pulled away to look at her. She nodded to answer my question and I ruffled her hair. "Cute"

While I scraped the monstrosity into the trash, Tiffany locked her arms around my waist in a back hug. Since I had to wash the pan up, she walked behind me with her arms staying where they were. The outcome was, she walked like a penguin while trying to avoid stepping on my feet. God she's adorable.

Once I had washed up, we both walked over to the fridge and she propped her head up on my shoulder looking inside with me.

"Um...fried rice?" I suggested, I felt her shake her head. "Uhhh..."

"Can we go out to eat?"

"Sure" I replied. "Where would you like to go?"

"The cafe? I always remember looking in through the window and the food looking so good there" I clenched my jaw as I remembered what she had been through and gently but forcibly removed her arms from around my waist.

"Sure, let's go get changed" I smiled and went to the bedroom, she followed.

....

"God Tae this is good" she grinned as she ate her food. I agreed, the food was great here, the prices were too. Just as I put the last mouthful into my mouth, I glanced up and saw Tiffany looking out into the distance...in the direction of the bench. She stared for a while until she met my gaze. "Can we go there?"

I frowned. "Are you sure...? That's a place filled with bad memories Tiffany..."

"No it isn't" she replied as she got up and called the waitress over. I paid the bill and stood up too, waiting for her to reveal why. "It's the place where I met you, how on earth could that be bad" she eyesmiled and then walked away.

I shook my head in disbelief as I trudged behind her, she always knew the right things to say. She wasn't even trying but she had warmed my heart from that comment. We walked until we arrived, It looked even more worn since we had last been here...it was crazy how the memories came flooding back to me.

"You saved me" she smiled as she sat down. I did the same and turned to her, admiring her profile while she looked around at our surroundings. "Almost every night, I thought of being discovered by someone from the orphanage...how they would wake me and frighten me before pushing me into a car and taking me back there. That was my nightmare" she revealed.