Hide and Seek

*Amy's pov*

Ty and I sat on the couch and counted to ten and Katie ran and found a hiding spot.

"8... 9... 10." Ty finished counting and we both stood up.

"ready or not, here we come." I say. Ty and I start looking around the living room in every spot we can think of. "She's not in here." I say looking over at Ty.

"Lets check the kitchen. We did say anywhere on this floor. so she could either be in the kitchen or the laundry room." Ty explains.

"Okay. You check the kitchen I'll check the laundry room." I tell him while I walk to the laundry room and look around. I look for about 15 minutes but there's no sign of her in here. So i walk back out to the kitchen and over to Ty.

"Any luck?" I ask.

"No. You?" He replies.

"Nope' I say getting worried. Ty stands up and puts his hand on my arm.

"It's okay Amy, She's probably just hiding upstairs." Ty reassures me.

"Yea, you're right. Lets go look. Ty nods and takes my hand as we walk upstairs and start looking around.

After an hour of checking all the rooms and looking everywhere possible there is still no sign of Katie. I sit down on the couch and put my face in my hands as tears start rolling down my cheeks. Ty comes over and sits beside me.

"It's okay." He tries to reassure me as he rubs my back.

"How Ty? We lost Katie!" I cry.

"We'll find her. Come on lets go take a look outside, maybe she went to the barn." Ty mentions and stands up. I nod and slowly get up as he grabs my hand. We walk outside and look around to see no one in sight. I sigh and look down.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Let's go check the barn." Ty comments trying to comfort me. I nod and we head to the barn and look around everywhere, we even checked the loft, but there was still no sight of Katie. I sit down on the floor of the barn and sigh.

"Its no use. We're never going to find her." I cried. Ty came and sat beside me and put an arm around me.

"Yes we will Ames. I promise." He tries to comfort me and kisses my forehead. "Come on, lets go back to the house and we'll make some calls." Ty mentions.

"Okay." I sniffle as Ty helps me up and we walk back to the house. I sit at the kitchen table while Ty walks to the living room to grab to phone.

"Amy, I think you should come see this." Ty announces.

"What is it?" I ask as I get up and walk to the living room. I see Ty looking at the couch with a huge smile on his face and when I look over I see Katie curled up with our cat Mittens. I smile widely. "When did she get here?" I ask.

"I don't know but at least she's okay." Ty smiles.

"Yea." I smile back and walk over to Ty. "Thank God I didn't have to tell Lou I lost her."

"Yea." Ty chuckles and puts his arm around me. "Come on, let take Katie to her room and go to bed."

"Okay." I respond as Ty picks up Katie and takes her upstairs to the guest room. I walk upstairs to our room and get into bed closing my eyes and being drawn into a deep sleep.