Actually Reality Chapter 1

************************************THIS STORY MAY  CONTAIN STRONG CONTENT FOR UNDER AGED READERS********************************************************************************************

I lay there, lifeless, and stiff, glazing up at the disintegrated ceiling and chipped red paint. I no longer feel any physical pain to my body. I'm too numb by the emotional pain to feel anything. The fire has gotten stronger, burning and collapsing anything that get's in its way. The smoke is thick and heavy, making it more difficult for me to breathe by the second. My lungs are already plugged, and I can taste the metallic blood in my parched throat. I slightly wheeze, and my body begins to give up. Any last shred of hope is now completely diminished, and completely out of my system. I was stubborn in thinking someone would actually save me. No one will. I'm alone in this. Not even he will save me now. Because I lost my chance right? I always seem to be fucking up in the worst way possible, with no support what so ever. And to think I will actually die like this. I can feel the salty tears, sliding down my bruised cheeks, and I don't try to stop them. I faintly smile, while staring at the fire, that's gradually increasing in size, and inching it's way towards my bloody and broken body. 

This is it then hey? I'm going to die in this tattered up building, with broken limbs and a bullet through my chest. Alone. It's better this way. It's better they took me alone, rather then my brothers and him.

I can feel the sweltering wrath of the fire on my flesh, before my vision blurs, and blank patterns dance before my eyes. 

My body finally gave in. 

Chapter 1 (Scarlettes POV) *Present Day*

"What the actual fuck" I grumble aloud. Every freaken college is full for the semester with the smartest of the smartest. Students with scholarships, and a shit load of money, while I'm stuck at home trying to not kill myself, for the mess I created. I smack the back of my petite hand against the Sony laptop creating a loud bang, dying away the once peaceful room. 

Let me make this clear for all of you confused readers. You see I am 4 months away from starting college, or at least I thought so, in my pint sized town, Mill Valley. But the thing is, you can only actually get in if you have completed something, or done something "extravagant" enough, for the college. That totally sucks because my life is nothing out of the ordinary. Just an early major 17 year old who thought she'd make it, but apparently, "her" life, meaning my life, is not interesting enough. Oh, if only they knew all the shit I had to go through. 

They have very high standards, or so they make it seem. When my best friend Adam told me about their "expectations" I literally had this inner heart attack. Yes, they have expectations, surprise surprise, Scarlett you idiot, I think to myself. They only accept students who have a clean record with alcohol and drug abuse, so that's out of the window.

Partying is something I desperately crave and need, because it takes all my pain and emotions, and magically turns it in to something positive. All my darkest fears are diminished and replaced with a feeling of freedom and eruptive happiness. It truly is a brilliant way of stress relieving, or at least that's how I see it. And get those thoughts right out of your minds because I am not a slut. For your information, I am a virgin, and proud.  

So. anyways, while I was making a resume for myself, full of complete bullshit, my friend Stephanie Holmes texted me saying that all the colleges are completely full for the next semester. She also told me that I couldn't have gotten in anyways, because I haven't ever done anything "extravagant" enough to make it. Thanks for all your support Steph, note the sarcasm. I bet the other students' "extravagant" adventures had them get arrested 15 fucking times each. Pfft, and they have high expectations?