Chapter Thirteen

Ali's POV

"I love you too but I'm scared" Giovanni's words from last night are still in my head.

I turn in bed looking at him he looks so calm and at ease and he loves me too. I smile as I replay his response from last night. He loves me but he's scared, scared of what I don't know and it makes me scared too.

I reach out to touch his chest when I realize that he is wearing a shirt and stop myself and think about removing his shirt and touching him there but I know he won't let me so I just look at him.

Last night he told me that he loves me but he's scared and I don't know if it's his fear of loving me or being touched by me but I know it's something big.

"What are you thinking about?" his soft voice asks pulling me out of my thoughts.

I look up at him and he's looking down at me with worried eyes. I sigh and give him a smile I want to know if he really said what he did last night or did I just imagine it.

"Did you mean what you said last night?" I ask and he pales.

"You heard me" his voice is low and I know he didn't want me to.

I nod and he sighs and runs his hand through his hair. He pulls away from me and gets out of bed and starts to pace his hands in his hair.

"Fuck!" he hisses making me jump.

He looks red as blood and I can't tell if he's angry or hurt but I take to my feet and walk up to him. I'm a bit unstable on my feet but I manage to balance myself as I walk up to him.

He stops and looks at me as if he's seeing me for the first time I reach out and take both his hands into mine and kiss them.

"I'm scared too I've never felt this way before" I tell him honestly and he pales as if it's hard for him to hear.

"Well I have and I never thought I would again and then I met you" he says cupping me face. "You were different daring challenging and so sweet"

I blush at his compliment he smiles and gently strokes my cheek and I melt in his arms.

"I didn't know when or how I feel in love with you but I did and it scares me to know that I feel this way for you" he says and I can hear the pain in his voice.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Because the last time I let someone in they hurt me really bad" he breaths.

"Is that why I can't touch you without a shirt" the words are out of my mouth before I can stop them.

He closes his eyes and I know that it's the truth and it pains me. I want to touch him there but I also don't want to force him. But am curious as to how he got those marks.

"Will you tell me what happened?" I ask.

His eyes flew open and I am met with a pair of pain grey eyes as he looks at me. Oh it's bad really bad. I shake my head and walk up to him.

"I'm sorry you don't have to tell me it's obviously painful" I say stroking his cheek.

"I will one day" he says kissing my hand. "But for now I just want you to get better"

I frown. Get better? What's wrong with me? I feel perfectly fine I don't know what he's talking about.

"I'm fine" I say with smile.

He shakes his head and scoops me up in his arms and carries me back over to the bed where he lays me down. He places the cover over me and gives me a look that is a warning as he leaves the room.