Chapter 10: Ask him

"Do it," Natsu said, staring at Sting intensely.
"No," Sting refused for the tenth time.
"You will live alone forever if you don't."
"Now you're just being dramatic Natsu."
"Maybe I am but you can't keep avoiding this or him for that matter."
"I'm a skill man, I'm sure I can avoid this until it passes."
"What if it doesn't pass?"
"It will."
"But what if it doesn't?"
"Ugh you're so annoying sometimes I swear, remind me why we're friends again?"
"Because I'm so awesome that you can't live without me."
"That doesn't sound likely but whatever, I'm going now," Sting said, turning to leave.
"If you don't ask him then I will," Natsu said quickly before running off.
Sting sighed and shook his head before walking with his head down.

Sting was both frustrated but worried. He was frustrated because Natsu was right about him needing to talk to Rogue and he hated admitting that to himself but he was also worried because Natsu said he'd tell him if he didn't do it himself. 
He was so lost in thought that he didn't see the person in front of him and ended up bumping into them.
"Sorry!" the person exclaimed, it was a small and feminine voice. Wendy.
"It's fine, I'm the one that wasn't paying attention so sorry," Sting apologized and Wendy tilted her head slightly.
"Is something bothering you?" She asked.
"No why?" Sting realized he'd answered way too quickly as she pulled a face that screamed          'I know you're lying'.
"Are you sure?"
"Just having some issues in the romance department is all," Sting explained.
"Aww that's sweet, well if you need help with romance I think you should see Lucy," Wendy suggested and the thought alone scared him.
He wasn't scared of Lucy, it's the fact that she'd never let him live it down he of all people needed her help and she'd hold it over him forever.
"I don't think I need her help but thanks for the suggestion anyway."
"Sting Eucliffe you better go see her or I'll tell everyone that you're scared of Lucy," Wendy said impatiently, crossing her arms. She got scary quick.
"I'm not scared of her."

"Whether you are or not who do you think they'll believe? You or me?"
"Alright I'll go see her, jeez," Sting said before walking past Wendy as fast as he could manage to find Lucy. 
The girls he knew sure were terrifying when they wanted to be.

Lucy was in the middle of brushing through her damp hair when the knock on her hotel room door was heard. She quickly finished dragging the brush through her hair before getting up and pulling on some joggers and a t-shirt before answering the door to see Sting. She sighed and decided to find out what he wanted so she could finish her hair.
"What do you want Sting?" She asked unamused.
"I need your help," he murmured, looking away and she couldn't believe what she'd just heard. She found herself smirking.
"I'm sorry I didn't hear you, say that again would you?" She asked innocently.
"I said I need your help ok?" He repeated, annoyance in his tone.
"Well I guess I could spare some time for you, now what do you need help with?"
"I need your help on how to ask Rogue out on a date."
Lucy felt her mouth drop open. 

This might be a little more difficult than she anticipated.