Chapter 3 'I promise'

George stayed the entire evening and we decided to have a sleepover. we played a couple of stupid games on the Wii, including Mario Kart and Just Dance which was funny because I can't dance... I felt careless for a couple of hours. I had fun, and laughed. Really hard! 

At 1.30 AM we decided to go to my room and sleep, but as soon as I was trying to fall asleep all those negative comments came into my mind again. This was not what I wanted, I wanted to have fun, I wanted to forget about all those comments. I felt a tear, no I didn't want to cry.

'Georgie, are you still awake?' I whispered. 'I can't sleep, all those comments. They still make me feel miserable.' I was lying on my bed and George was lying on a old, not so comfy, matress next to my bed. My room was dark, so I decided to turn my bedlight on so I could see George's face. He was wide awake, looking directly in my eyes. Was he looking at me the entire time? I decided to let it go and just go on with my story.

'George, respond please.' I begged. I don't like it when people don't respond to me, I find it so disrespectfull.

'Why can't you sleep Lottie? I mean, we talked about the comments all afternoon. Then we played some stupid games on the Wii the entire evening, and now you can't sleep. What else can I do to get your mind off the comments and maybe Niall so you and me can have fun without a thought behind it. I mean like today, you didn't even asked me if I was okay or what grade I have for maths. No it was all about Niall and comments and people! And yes, of course I came for you. But still.. I'm also human, with feelings. And I'm proud of my math grade, you know I got my grade today, but no. That blonde Irish dude is ten times more important than your friend who has been here for you for almost 12 years.' He took a short break because he was out of breath. Where did this come from? Did I do anything wrong? I was so confused. Why did he talked like that to me? I wasn't going to let him talk to me like that so I took the oppurtunity to respond to his rude words. I became a bit angry at him.

'George, what's the big deal? YOU asked ME if I wanted you to come over, and yes of course I want you next to me when I'm down. I WANT THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND! For god's sake, you know every little thing about me but you still think you're not important anymore because I have Niall now? Well think again, but if you're doubting about our friendship.... Then I wanna know what has happened that made you doubt.  I didn't ask you about your grade because I was afraid you didn't had a good one. Because every time you get a good grade you practicly run into me and tell me your grade. I'm sorry I was expecting something else. I think I know you too well. Sorry I told you about the comments, sorry I tell you about Niall! I just ... The only person I want to talk with about Niall and stuff that happen when you have a relationship with him, is you. I thought you didn't mind, I guess I was wrong!!' I yelled and screamed and I heard my parents mumble to each other that we had to shut up. I wasn't going to shut up until me and George had sorted this out. But I did realise that I had to lower my voice a bit. George's face started to look less angry, a bit more sympathically. I knew this arguement wasn't going to last for long. He removed his curls from his face and opened his mouth, ready to speak again. I was a bit afraid of what he was going to say. 

'Charlot, I don't doubt about our friendship. It excists for so long now. But please, redefine your thoughts about friendships during a relationship. I will not let it happen that I become a something you can catch up with if Niall's not around. But also you have to make effort to make that not happen! If you do that, than we can sleep peacefully now. Because that is something that I would really like to do.' George smiled again, he was never mad at me, just frustrated sometimes. And I wasn't sure which one was worse. I let him down, I didn't want that to happen ever again. 

'I won't let it happen George, I promise. I'll make it up to you tomorrow. One large chocolate icecream for you. Goodnight Georgie.' I smiled at him and I knew everything was okay again. Our little fight was over, our first ever real fight over a boy- or girlfriend. And still, it wasn't a big fight. Just because we didn't want to hurt eachother emotionally. And physically of course.' 

George's POV:

I was a bit done with Charlotte at the moment. Allmost every conversation we had in the past 3 weeks included the word 'Niall'. I did like the guy though, I met him once, at a party at one of our friend's house. His name is Jason, he was 18 and a bit of a weird guy. I met him in primary school, we were about 10 years old and he was the new guy in our class, he was a bit of a nerd with his big glasses  and sandals with socks. Luckily he has a better taste for clothes than his mother so as soon he was allowed to pick his own clothes, he started to look so much better. We became really close friends and he is still one of my best mates I have. But I'm deviating from the subject. So I met Niall at Jason's party. He and Charlotte met for the first time two weeks before and she seemed so happy that he was around. She was practically glowing. She introduced him to me and after that she went for a drink. We had a short talk about nothing actually, and when Charlotte was back she told me that they were going for a short walk trough Jason's garden. If I didn't mind.... I never told her that I did, because I didn't want to ruin her happiness. The following weeks were allmost the same; Niall was always there, and if he wasn't physically with us, she was calling with him or what so ever. But still, I didn't want to ruin her friendship. And after tonight I was a bit done with the constant mention of mr. Horan. I decided to let it rest for a while again, I didn't like to fight with Charlotte, and maybe even hurt her emotionally. Time to sleep.

Niall's POV:

Coming home again was weird, I was alone again. This week has been wonderfull. I was so gutted that we had to say goodbye to eachother.. When I came home, I saw her tweet and it made me feel happy, I responded to it. Saying that I came home safe. But soon after that thousands of mentions came onto my screen, and quite a lot of them were really rude. I wasn't sure how Charlotte was going to respond to this. I did tell her, just before I left, to not look at all these mentions because they would ruin her. But it was late now, 23.07 PM, and I wasn't going to call her now. I was tired and decided to call her tomorrow. Hoping she didn't read the mentions.