Chapter 8 'Because'

I woke up three hours later and looked over to Niall, who was still fast asleep. I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to cook some food for myself since I was really hungry. I opened the refrigerator and saw that there was absolutely nothing cookable nor edible present. A good reason to get out of the house and go to the supermarket. I changed my oh so beautiful pajamas for a pair of jeans and one of Niall's favorite sweaters. I wrote a quick note to tell him that he didn't have to worry about me and that I would be back in approximately half an hour.

I closed the door and realised that I'd forgotten my keys. Shame on me. I prayed that Niall would be awake when I got back. What was the route to the supermarket? I didn't really know where the supermarket was so I decided to just walk in a direction and luckily I found one really soon. I went into the supermarket looking for something special to eat but after fifteen minutes my basket was filled with absolutely nothing and it took me another thirty minutes to find everything I wanted and needed: pasta, tomato sauce, mozarella and rucola. On my way to the exit I suddenly spotted an photo of me and Harry on the front page of a magazine. I stopped for a second to see what photo it was, but I realised it really fast: it was the kissing picture. Even though it was a kiss for like 2 seconds, there were still so many photos. This was probably one of the reasons why I had to avoid social media for a couple of days. I continued my walk and felt really guilty again, Niall didn't deserve me. Why didn't he like throw me out of the house? Why wasn't he mad at me? Why oh why?

Charlotte (14:04): Harry are you awake? If so, would you like to go out for some coffee?

I put my phone back in my pocket and walked back to Niall's place. I cooked some late lunch or early dinner and the smell of food filled the house. It was around 3 pm now and we still had some time left in London. If only Harry would response to my text... Because I wanted to have some alone time with Harry to chat about our kiss and everything that happened during this weekend before I went back to the Netherlands.

'Grumpy, whattaya cooking?' Niall curiously asked and he gave me a kiss on the cheeck. He looked like he just came out of bed and I found it cute. He didn't need to look good for me. If he just stayed the person I fell in love with then everyrhing would be okay.

'Just casually making some pasta, would you like some?' I said and he immediately walked over to a kitchen cabinet and searched for two plates and some cutlery. This was what they call a not so subtle hint. 'I guess it's a yes then.' He winked.

'Being subtle is my talent.' He said and I laughed. We sat down and started to eat, we were both silent for a couple of minutes until Niall suddenly started to talk.

'Did Harry say sorry to you?' I froze. I thought we agreed that we would never speak about the kiss again. I didn't know what to answer. Should I tell him about the messages that Harry had sent me this morning? That I lied to him and that I wasn't talking to George at all? Being a liar wasn't something I was good at, it certainly wasn't my talent. I decided to just tell the thruth, because Harry is one of Niall's best friends. I couldn't let Harry lie for me too in the future.

'Yes, he did.' I said and I just didn't know what else to say. I felt uncomfortable and started looking in another direction.

'Oh, okay.'

OH OKAY?!

'Did he say sorry to you?'

'Not yet.'

'Oh, okay.' I said

The rest of the late lunch or early dinner was pretty silent. We both didn't speak. After we had eaten I saw thatI I had a message from Harry.

Harry (15:39): Sorry love, was having lunch with some friends. Would love to go for some coffee! Shall we go for dinner as well? H.

Charlotte (15:44): I've just eaten. Late lunch or early dinner whatever you wanna call it. Is only coffee okay? See you in 10?