(09: B.A.) Lost Trust

You sat on the edge of S.T.A.R. Labs hospital bed. You looked down, keeping quiet waiting for your boyfriend, Barry Allen or to others The Flash.

Caitlin walked to you, lightly touching your shoulder. "Do you need anything?"

You stayed quiet, not needing or wanting anything. You pulled away from her touch and sat towards the wall with your legs dangling over the edge. "Okay, I'll just go..." Caitlin walked off whispering to Cisco. There was a gust of wind blowing your hair to the front. He was here.

"Hey guys, I got here as soon as I coul–" He stopped talking, silent tension filling the air.

He quickly changed into his Flash suit with the mask on. "(Y/N)..." He started. The voice modifier was on, you could tell by the sudden change of voice. Tears brimmed your eyes, he was still trying to keep it from you. Caitlin and Cisco quickly left, the sound of their worried whispers started to fade.

You stood up, looking at Barry in his Flash suit. You scoffed, rolling your eyes.

Barry's eyes looked confused, "What are you doing here?"

"Wow. I thought you would know why I was here. You know me better than anyone... Flash. Or should I say Barry." Barry's eyes widened, he looked down shamefully. He took off his mask, his brown hair and greenish blue, sorrowful eyes looked at you. You kept your tough girl image even though you wanted to wither away and fall into an abyss. 

"How did you find out?" He asked tossing the mask on the floor.

"I started to get the hint when you would leave at any sudden danger... Not police danger, explainable danger. As soon as you would leave, Flash sightings would be on the news. Saying how The Flash defeated this meta that was destroying Central City, then you would come back within a blink of the eye."

He nodded his head, rubbing his face. "I wanted to tell you (Y/N), I really did."

"But why didn't you?! Do you not trust me?"

"No! That's not it. At all. I trust you with my life--"

"--Then why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because--" He stopped.

"Because what?" You fumed, walking slowly to him. He turned from you and raced over to him. "Because why Barry?"

"Because I wanted to protect you from this... From me."

"What the hell... Are you kidding me?! When you asked me to be your girlfriend and I said yes, I didn't just say that because I liked you.... I said it because I thought that it could to something more. When I said yes, I signed a deal, a deal that no matter what crazy things happen to you or us, I would be there for you. Always!" You threw your arms around as you explained, so much anger and pain hitting your voice. You didn't realize that you were crying til Barry pulled you into a hug.

"I-I'm sorry. I should've told you, I thought I was doing the right thing by keeping it a secret from you. I never thought you would find out this way." You crumbled into Barry's arms, breathing in his scent. You've missed him a lot, but you were so confused on who Barry really was. You didn't know him like you used to.

Barry held you tightly, a feeling you always enjoyed. It made you feel safe, and loved. He is Central City's superhero, I guess protection is what he does.

"Thank you for apologizing but--"

"I understand." His voice quivered. "Take all the time you need."

"Okay... Thank you." He nodded his head, tears falling down his cheeks. He kissed the top of your head and slowly started to let you go.

"No..." You exclaimed, your arms circling his neck. "I want to stay like this for a little longer, please." He obliged without any hesitation, holding onto your waist and squeezing you tightly.

You didn't know when you would be able to trust him again, but for now, during this moment, all you wanted was Barry's love.