Chapter Eleven

Weeks passed slowly in school. It gradually started becoming colder and darker as September rolled into October. Most of the school were in Hallowe'en spirits, pictures of pumpkins and skeletons were hung up all through the corridors. It was common for Skye to hear groups of pupils chanting the chorus of "Spooky Scary Skeletons" as she walked passed.

Chittaphon's leg had just about fully healed. His life was almost completely back to normal, the downside being he had to see Skye and Jaehyun being overly fond of each other.

They weren't officialy a thing, yet, and he very slightly wished they wouldn't be. On one hand, he was happy that his long-time friend had found someone he was willing to let into his heart. On the other hand, he was slightly jealous that it had to be Skye. Chittaphon had convinced himself that he was only jealous because he didn't have anyone he could be with, that it had nothing to do with Skye. Although, he wasn't entirely sure.

As they sat in registration during the morning, Chittaphon absentmindedly started doodling on his notebook. Quickly realizing the pair of eyes he had drawn were very similar to those that belonged to Skye, he scribbled out the drawing.

Skye hadn't noticed Chittaphon's doodle, however she did notice a male on the other side of the room talking about an upcoming Hallowe'en party.

"Anyone can come, sure." He nodded to a female sat in front of him. The guy next to her scoffed.

"Even the low-lifers that never take their heads out of books?" He questioned.

"Why not? Maybe they can have fun, for once," He answered with a smirk.

"Are you going to go?" Chittaphon asked suddenly. Skye startled when she noticed Chittaphon staring at her.

"Oh, uh, no. Parties aren't really my thing," Skye replied, laughing sheepishly.

"It might be fun," Chittaphon stated, raising his eyebrows.

"Are you saying you want to go?" Skye asked, a wide smile on her face.

"Maybe. Get a taste of English parties," Chittaphon said, tilting his head.

"Well, you can tell me how it goes." Skye said, looking down at her hands. Noticing he hadn't said anything, she looked back up. He was staring at her with a puzzled look on his face. "I'm not going," She repeated. Chittaphon frowned.

"You're boring," He told her. She shrugged.

"Sorry, it's just stuff happens at parties that I would rather avoid happening to me," She explained briefly. Chittaphon sighed.

"Fine, nerd." He sat back in his chair, looking back over to the people discussing the party.

"I am not a nerd," Skye said sharply. Chittaphon looked back at her, noticing how stubborn she looked. He gave a toothy smile, one that Skye really liked.

"Remind me, what's your current lowest grade?" He teased.

"Still higher than your highest grade," She replied as the bell sounded. Chittaphon sat with his mouth open, astounded at her answer. She noticed his expression then said, "be careful, you don't want to catch any flies."

Despite their brief slightly heated discussion, they walked through the halls together to English class.

"Skye, where are the toilets?" Chittaphon asked Skye after a long and mentally draining English lesson. Skye turned to look at him.

"You've been here for a month and you've yet to use the toilets?" Skye asked in disbelief.

"Public bathrooms are gross. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use one unnecessarily, however if I hold much longer I mi-"