FIVE

The doorbell rang just as Carrie was slipping on her red heels. She quickly grabbed her purse and headed downstairs, stepping back to do one last look over of herself before going downstairs.

She had on a short black spaghetti strapped dress, a silver necklace, red heels, and red lipstick. Her blonde curly hair was draped over her shoulders. She smiled to herself, happy with the outcome. She looked elegant yet sexy, just the look she was aiming for.

Maddy was at Matt's for the night so Mike was taking Carrie out to dinner. It was the first time they'd seen each other again since their lunch and make out session earlier that week.

Carrie tossed her phone in her purse as she walked down the stairs. She opened the front door to see Mike standing in front of her in a nice button down and black pants.

"whoa." Mike's mouth dropped open in shock at the woman in front of her. Sure she was hot fourteen years ago, but age sure had done her well. She was ten times hotter now. "You look uh-whoa."

Carrie blushed big time, not knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry, you just-wow. You look beautiful." Mike continued to stutter.

"You can close your mouth now big guy." Carrie laughed, patting his chest as she stepped outside.

"Sorry." He laughed, cursing himself for looking like such a fool in front of her. "You just threw me off, you look stunning."

Carrie locked the door and winked. "Thank you, you don't look to shabby yourself."

Mike opened Carrie's door and helped her in, shutting it and walking around to his side.

"This is all so crazy." Carrie laughed once they'd sat down at the restaurant.

"What is?"

"This! All of this! Fourteen years ago when we were sitting in the basement of my house who would have ever thought you'd be a professional hockey player, I'd be a professional country singer who's divorced with a six year old, and we'd be sitting here together on a date. It's crazy."

"It really is. A lot has happened in fourteen years. Sometimes I wish we could go back, life was so much easier back then." Mike said.

"Me too, I constantly think about what would have happened if we hadn't ended it like that. We might have been married with a family of our own right now." Carrie smiled softly.

"Maybe this is our second chance." Mike smiled, raising his glass up. "Here's to a fresh start."

Carrie hit her glass up against his and smiled widely as she took a sip.

The two sat talking for almost two hours, laughing and catching up on everything. It was like they were on their first date all over again.

"Oh hold on, it's Matt let me answer this." Carrie held her finger up to Mike who was mid story and answered the phone.

"Mommy?" She heard her daughter's sweet little voice on the other end of the line. It was already almost nine o'clock, she should be in bed by now.

"Maddy? What's wrong?"

"I want you to come pick me up." She said pitifully, sounding like she was about to cry.