Chapter Twelve

THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO AND I LOVE TO HEAR FEEDBACK FROM YOU ALL!

enjoy :)

Chapter Twelve:

Danny's arms were wrapped around me protectively, our legs intertwined with a sheet over our bodies for comfort.

I could hear his heart beat in my ear, something I was so familiar with.

I was so happy to be back, to be normal, to know what's real again.

But I couldn't shut my eyes. I couldn't let them drift from the door. The mere thought of Gavin in the same apartment as me terrified every fiber of my soul.

Danny shifted, sighing as he did and his hair brushed against my neck as he nestled his neck in the crook of my shoulder.

My mind trailed to Cade and I felt my heart twist sharply.

My heart screamed for him but I mentally slapped myself.

It was just a dream.. right?

I was going to tear myself apart by trying to sort these things out. I just needed to talk to Gavin in the morning.

I felt myself drifting from consciousness.

How could I be tired after being in a coma for ten months.

But somehow it was possible. I was exhausted. I felt shivers spike down my neck when Danny stirred, tracing back to when Gavin had tortured me.

But that didn't happen... right?

I was just exhausting myself by trying to comprehend it all.

I fell into a deep sleep, dreaming something about playing hide and seek with zombies in a meadow with my childhood friends.

But one thing that didn't stir me? The dark figure oozing a thick green fog as he lurked in the corner of my room.

-----------

I awoke to the smell of cooking pancakes and sausages. Rosa was a horrible cook until what would be about two years ago when she took a cooking class to get really good.

Now she was just a natural.

I felt an absence to my back and I turned over, noticing how Danny was gone.

I stood up, stretching and yawning at the same time, then ventured out to the kitchen.

"Morning sleepy head!" Rosa said.

"Too soon," Danny said with a smile.

I laughed at Rosa's comment and sat down at the kitchen table.

"Did you sleep well?" Danny asked.

"Yeah, where's Gavin?" I asked Rosa suspiciously.

"Oh he had to run a few errands but he'll be back in a little bit," she said, scrambling eggs in a pan on the stove.

"Oh," I said, staring at the ground.

"So do you like him?" She asked, hope straining in her eyes.

"Of course! I just knew him when he was really immature and used to practically torture me with his tricks but I'm sure we'll get along fine," I said, partially telling the truth.

I couldn't help but think of Cade.

Was he okay? Was he safe? Was he even alive?

What was Gavin doing anyways?

-----

Cade's P.O.V:

"Gavin," I said with a sour tone.