To be Ugly

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Please Read, Very Important!!

This is to inform you that 'To be Ugly' was first written here on Wattpad around November 2013 as a sort of fan fiction of the book which inspired it- Fire by Cashore. 

I plan to rewrite a completely new version of it (about 50k words) that explores the storyline more carefully and with better word-building. Follow my account to get updates on when I start writing and eventually publish the rewritten version of 'To be Ugly' [The Manuscript is half-written].

Prologue 

Dells Elementary School, Dell City. 

There were numerous children in the playground. They were all playing together in twos or threes except for a little girl sitting on a swing alone. Her name was Isla. She was wearing a polka dot blue and white gown and was about six years old. 

She watched the other children as they played happily with one another. She knew they didn't want to play with her because she had already asked them to allow her to play with them but they refused. She kept glancing at the treehouse which was a few feet away from her. Her former best friend Adrianne sat in that treehouse playing with her new friends. 

Suddenly Isla came down from the swing and climbed the staircase that led into the treehouse. There were three girls in the treehouse and Isla came to stand in front of them in the cramped treehouse. 

"Adrianne, Chloe, Lana can I play with you? Please..." Isla asked. 

"No Isla we refuse to play with you," Chloe said. 

"But why?... Adrianne you and I used to play together before my parents died. I remember that..." Isla said with a sad voice. 

"That was then Isla...then when you were normal not now when seeing your face makes me feel sick," Adrianne sneered. 

Isla climbed down the treehouse stairs dejectedly. Her eyes were pasted to the floor and her back was hunched in defeat as she made her way to the swing where she had sat on earlier. 

She didn't understand this at all, ever since her parents had died in the fire and she had been rescued two months ago, everyone seemed to hate her. No, hate was a word that contained too much passion because people just simply didn't like looking at her. 

Everyone but her grandmother didn't like looking at her. Her grandma was the only one who always told her that she was beautiful since her parent's death. 

She missed her mum and dad so much.

Why did they have to die now?  A tear rolled down her eyes as she remembered the way people look at her just because she was facially disfigured. She just hoped that as time passed this scar on her face would fade and she would have friends like before.

~Written in 2013~