Chapter 7

Chapter 7| Grandma's secret

Logan's Point Of View

When I, my father and Derek returned from our hunting trip with some hunters, Derek went back to school while I stayed back with my father to settle some issues that had arisen during our absence.

For the first time ever, I wasn't happy to stay with my father and I was very eager to return to school just to see Isla.

I missed her so much, her scowl, her few smiles, those sparkling green eyes of hers and even her extinct loud belly laugh that always made me laugh even though it was always at my expense.

I didn't think it was possible but I most definitely liked Isla just the way she was. I was also very attracted to her. And in a way, I liked that she was scarred because then no other guy would ever look at her and see what I see when I look at her. Unfortunately I couldn't express what I felt for her because I knew she'd run and avoid me. But regardless of all opposition from her, I was very sure that I would marry her. She would be my bride and no one, not even my father, mother or brother could stop me.

By the time my father and I were through with everything we wanted to do, it was already 9:00pm in the night and I couldn't visit Isla at her home.

Thankfully the next day was a saturday and I would most definitely be able to visit Isla. I was walking to my room when I passed my brother's room. I knocked his door and he invited me in.

"Hi." I said.

"Hi bro...what going on?." He said cheerfully.

"Why are you so cheerful?" I inquired as I fell into the comfort of his bed.

"Because I got revenge at an ant that had been evading me today." He replied with a happy smile.

"Derek"- I shook my head at him-"Who was it this time?"

"Some girl...you don't know her," He replied with an evil smirk.

I didn't like the evil smirk on his face so I just asked him the question I came to ask. "Whatever...did you see Isla today?"

"Sure...She was okay and scarred as usual," He said sardonically.

"Okay then." I said ignoring his attitude towards Isla and I walked out of his room.

How had my brother become what he was now? That getting revenge was a source of ecstasy to him. I just shook my head and went to bed dreaming of asking Isla to marry me.

The next morning, I woke up really early and had a bath and breakfast before asking a maid to ask the chef to gather a basket of assorted food items that I would take to Isla's house.

I left the palace and started the walk to Isla's house. I was passing the mountains when I heard an animal's whimper. The whimper sounded so familiar to that of Strange the day I had stepped on its tail.

With this in mind, I went to see what was whimpering behind the bushes.

That was when I saw Strange sitting near a body. I panicked at the thought that it could be Isla and rushed to see if she was still alive. I pushed the person unto his back and saw that instead of it being Isla it was her grandma that was lying on the floor so weakly.

She had obviously lost consciousness but there was no blood on the floor. I was puzzled as to how Isla's grandma had come into the woods. It seemed impossible because I knew how protective Isla was of her grandmother and Strange.

I checked her grandmother for a pulse and felt a very weak one. I hauled her into my arms while thanking God for her small stature and I sent Strange to the wood house since rearing of monster animals was prohibited. I stumbled to Dells City hospital holding Isla's grandmother in my arms.