Chapter 4

Chapter 4|Losing an old friend and making a new friend 

The next day when I got to school, People stared at me and murmured in groups against me. I just ignored them as best as I could. 

Through out that day I was called offensive words of all sorts, I was insulted, treated like dirt and all manner of pranks were played on me. 

At the last period (last class), we had Physical Education Practicals and I quickly changed to my P.E.P. Wear. I was among those called out to play a short game of volley ball. 

When the game started and balls started hitting me randomly, it looked like innocent little mistakes that hurt. Soon enough it was clear to me how much of a mistake the situation actually was. All the girls on my team and on the other team suddenly had the idea that I would make a great ball bouncer because the hard ball started hitting me from different directions. 

When the teacher eventually rescued me, I was taken to the school health room where the nurse looked carefully at my bruise-covered body and eventually gave me some really bitter pain relievers pills. 

That day as I walked home, my body jiggled with pain and though I refused to show it, it was very obvious that I was hurt. 

When I got home, Abby was standing outside my house. At first I didn't notice how impatient she was to leave from the slight stomping of her feet on the floor. I was just so happy to see her. 

"Abby! Hi how have you being?" I asked touching her shoulder. 

She shrugged my hand away carefully and that was when I noticed the difference between this Abby and the Abby I knew as a friend. 

She was wearing a blue blouse which looked really new and clung to her upper body. She also had a necklace adorning her neck and a beautiful matching pair of earrings that suited the necklace. On her foot were heeled boots that I couldn't help but wince when I saw them. Who wears such boots into the woods? 

"Hi Isla," She said with a fake smile. 

"I missed you so much, you haven't been visiting much. Are you al..." I was saying but she cut in rudely. 

"Isla...Look I just came here to tell you something before I leave," She said in a very final tone. 

"Alright go on," I encouraged. 

"Look Isla I know we've been friends for six months and all that but I'm sure you know that the two princes of Dells are members of our school right? Well I want to snag one...keep in mind that I will not only be pleasing myself, I'll also be pleasing my parents." She said. 

I smiled at her. "Well thats good, you know I can help you find some beauty skin lotions in the house." 

"Um no Isla thanks for the offer but all I'm trying to say is thanks for being my friend for the past few months but those times are over. If I'm to be the princess or queen of Dells city, I don't want to be associated with you." She mumbled. 

"So what...you mean...is that you no longer want to be my friend?" I queried in an emotionless tone. 

"Yes basically that...don't get me wrong Isla I enjoyed being your friend and I can overlook you been scarred but since others can't, then I'll just have to avoid you in order to avoid being the victim of what you have to face as a scarred person." She said. 

"Very well I agree...Please just go back the way you came now...thanks a lot for the visit." I beamed a very much fake smile at her. 

She started to walk away then she turned back to look at me with a question in her eyes.