Chapter 6

It had been three weeks since Amethyst discovered Peridot's feelings for her. Nothing really changed aside from Amethyst openly flirting with Petidot in front of their friends.

"Yo P-dot, wanna chill with me in 3rd period?" She would ask, or, "Hey Peri, lookin' pretty nerdy today. " She would say with a wink. This flustered Peridot the most. She would nodd or not say anything to those sentences. Until one day.

"Hello Per, wanna share calculators in math?" Amethyst asked with a wink. "Umm, what is this Amethyst?" Peridot asked dead serious. Amethyst was about to speak, but Peridot stopped her. "Amethyst I really do like you, I just wish you would express yourself to me. It doesn't need to be this difficult." Peridot explained. Amethyst sighed. "I'm just afraid to screw things up, okay!?" Amethyst said with a frustrated tone. "Amethyst, you would never be able to ruin how much I enjoy you. Even if you did something stupid I would still like you. I want you to do what you want, that's what I like about you." Peridot stated.

"I think I know what I want to do." Amethyst said. Peridot gave a questioning look. Amethyst pulled Peridot close by the waist, causing the smaller teen to blush a deep red color. Peridot wanted to say something, but then Amethyst kissed her, and she forgot what she wanted to say. Amethyst was in complete control, and Peridot was still shocked about Amethyst kissing her. Soon enough Peridot understood the situation and placed her hands around Amethyst's neck.

"Uh guys, I hate to ruin your moment, but Saph and I don't wanna be late, and I'm sure y'all don't either." Ruby spoke before grabbing Sapphire's hand and leading her to their next class. Amethyst and Peridot pulled away in embarrassment. "Let's get to class Peri... " Amethyst laughed nervously. Peridot bit her lip and her mind rushed with many in explainable thoughts. Amethyst grabbed her bag and went to her class. "C-ya Peri." She said leaving Peridot questioning many things.

Peridot ran to get her books, she was lucky. The bell rang right after she put her foot through the doorway. "Ah yes, Peridot Olivine, right on time." The teacher said. Peridot nervously laughed and took her seat next to Ruby. "Hey Peridot, I have a softball game tonight, you and Amethyst should come and watch, oh and keep Sapphire company as well." Ruby said. Peridot took her offer, after all Ruby was their friend. So Peridot said yes.

The smell of nachoes and hot dogs filled the air as Peridot stepped near the complex with Amethyst. The high school games always had stands with food. Amethyst and Peridot sat next to Sapphire in the stands. "Hey Saph, sorry we're late, anyways what's the score?" Amethyst asked. "Oh, um 3-6, we're down by 3." Sapphire said. Peridot gazed intently at the batter to see if she would make a hit. One runner was at first. Ruby was the catcher, and the pitcher was Spinel, a tall girl with red hair. Spinel pitched a ball, it was a strike. Then she pitched a ball, but the batter swung. Two strikes. Then another pitch, it was too high, and it flew past Ruby, she went for it

"Runner!" Peridot screamed out as a girl tried to steal. Ruby threw the ball to second, causing the girl to get out. They all ran in, it was the last out. Now they had to make four runs to win. Ruby was in they box. She swung, but she was late. "Come on Ruby!" Peridot cheered. Ruby swung again, she hit a bomb through center, she made it to second base. "Calm down a bit Peridot." Amethyst chuckled putting her arm around Peridot. Peridot jumped at the sudden contact, but she didn't pull away. Amethyst always made her feel safe. The game ended later on and home team won. Peridot and Amethyst congratulated Ruby, and Sapphire gave her a kiss. Afterwards they all went to eat.

Peridot went over to Amethys's house later that night. "Yo Peri. What are we, like, are we uhhh?" Amethyst questioned. Peridot looked at Amethyst, the seriousness in Amethyst's eyes showed how much she cared. Peridot hugged Amethyst. "Sure, if you want." Peridot said. Amethyst smiled and kissed Peridot on the lips. It felt normal, like how it was supposed to. Peridot wasn't afraid of Jasper, she wasn't afraid of being a nerd at school, she was happy with Amethyst. Amethyst is all Peridot needed.