Chapter 5

"So you can sleep on my bed, I'll take the couch." Peridot offered. "What couch?" Amethyst asked, looking around the room. "The one downstairs, its comfortable, so I don't mind." Peridot said. "Alright, if you say so." Amethyst said while walking to the bathroom. Peridot grabbed a blanket and went downstairs to the living room. "Night Peri." Amethyst said down the staircase. Amethyst walked back to Peridots room. Amethyst noticed the large amount of Halo games next to Peridot's Xbox. Amethyst walked around the room. In addition, there were shelves of Warrior Cat books, and a shelf with drawers, and cubbords with small items. Amethyst looked at what was on the shelf. Peridot's sketch book, and a snow globe, with some small animal figures. "What a nerd, heh." Amethyst said fondly. Amethyst opened Peridot's sketch book, and sifted through the drawings. She found the picture Peridot drew two weeks earlier. On the picture there were some words. The words were, 'Amethyst, my best friend.' Amethyst frowned, "I wish I was more than that." She said softly before turning the page. There were more words on the next page. "A-amethyst, what are you doing?" Peridot asked from behind Amethyst. "O-oh I was looking at your drawing book..." Amethyst said. "Put that down, you didn't look at the last page, did you?" Peridot asked. "Not yet, but I was gonna." Amethyst admitted. "Give me that, and please, DON'T read it." Peridot said. "Alright nerd, but I'm gonna find out anyways." Amethyst said while giving Peridot the sketch book. "Thanks for telling the truth, I would DIE if you read that!" Peridot said nervously. Peridot was red, and sweat rolled down her face. Amethyst raised her eyebrows, then she went to lay in Peridot's bed. "Good, now, goodnight Amethyst." Peridot said before going downstairs. Amethyst jumped up, she walked around the room, looking for a journal, or a diary, or something. Amethyst spent an hour looking, but she couldn't find anything. Amethyst decided, that if she really wanted to know, she would find out. Amethyst crawled into Peridot's bed, and went to sleep.
---------------

            "Amethyst, wake up..." Peridot said to the sleeping girl. "P-Peridot, what are you doing, it's really late. "Jasper just got here, and I'm scared, I don't wanna sleep on the couch anymore." Peridot said. "Thats, fine I can take the couch, or the floo-" Amethyst was cut off. "N-no, it's fine, don't go down there." Peridot said. Amethyst was taken aback. "Just scoot over." Peridot told the confused Amethyst. So she did, and Peridot got into the warm blankets as well. Amethyst could feel Peridot shaking in fear next to her. "Are you okay?" Amethyst asked. "Last time she came home from a party, she was drunk, and she beat me." Peridot said quietly. "Don't worry, I'm here now, nerd." Amethyst said. "You can never JUST say something nice, you always have to end it with nerd." Peridot said while laughing. "This time I'm actually serious though." Amethyst said. "Thanks Amethyst." Peridot said.
---------------------------------------------------------

         "Amethyst?" Peridot asked drowsily. Amethyst groaned, but she didn't wake. "Amethyst, your holding on too tight." Peridot said. Amethyst's eyes shot open. Amethyst's arm was around Peridot, and Amethyst hadn't realized. "P-Peri?" Amethyst asked, not sure if she was awake. "Yeah, I'm here." Peridot said, dead panned. "Oh. Well this is awkward." Amethyst said. "I mean, I kind of liked it before you started squeezing so hard." Peridot said. By now Amethyst loosened her grip enough for Peridot to wiggle free. "What did the paper say on it?" Amethyst asked. "W-what paper?" Peridot asked. "The one from last night." Amethyst said. "There wasn't a paper." Peridot said nervously. "Yeah there was, now show me." Amethyst persisted. "Are you sure?" Peridot kept on. "Yes, show me." Amethyst demanded. Peridot sighed and went to grab her sketch book. She got back and handed it to Amethyst. Peridot looked to the side a bit, like a kid in trouble. Amethyst got to the last page, but someone ripped it out. "Peridot...." Amethyst said. "Ugh fine!" Peridot said while handing Amethyst the paper. Peridot stood still, she almost didn't move, and her gaze was on the ground. "Peridot?" Amethyst asked. "Yea-" "Thanks." Amethyst said with a smile. Peridot blushed and smiled.

         Peridot 6-9-16  June
     Today I realized something. Amethyst, is special, she has managed to confuse me. I was always attracted to females, but Amethyst is more than just a girl, and more than just a friend. Even if Amethyst was a guy, it would falter me. She is the most interesting person I've ever met. The way she looks, the way she dresses, and the way she sounds. Usually I don't write something in here, but this time I have a reason. I, Peridot Olivine, have a crush.

Amethyst was surprised, no one ever liked her. They never got to know her, or do stupid stuff with her. Peridot was special too. The two girls walked down stairs. Peridot got the guts to talk. "Are you mad?" She asked. "Why would I be mad that you liked me back?" Amethyst asked. "B-back?" Peridot asked. "Yeah." Amethyst said, before grabbing Peridot's hand. "Now, let's go eat." Amethyst said.