Chapter 4

(Hey, so yeah, I fucked up. When I was drawing out my plot I kinda forgot the hUGE detail that Steve's birthday is on the 4th of July aka my own countries birthday. So please excuse the inaccuracy for all you nerds who look for that kinda stuff. I could of changed it but I already had everything planned so ¯\_()_/¯ )

Steve sat up in his bed feeling unsatisfied, like he was missing something. He pushed the feeling aside and hurried to get ready for school. As he made his way to the front door, he saw a note dangling on the wall in front of his room.

Happy Birthday Stevie
-Mom

Steve couldn't help but smile, then frown. He'd never celebrated his birthdays much before, his mother would be working all the time and since it was just them, he was alone. Unfortunately this day fell on a school day so he planned to keep his birthday on the down-down low.

Taking the note he stuffed it into his backpack pocket and headed out the door.

Art class was uneventful but still just as fun as ever. Tony hooked arms with Steve in the lunch room and made him sit with Tony's friends even thought he didn't say anything the entire time. Altogether, the day went by like a blur which is exactly what the young blond wanted.

He was currently sitting in Tony's library back at his home. He had just explained the Louisiana Purchase to Tony, who was busy scribbling away at a worksheet. His head pushed itself to face a clock across the room; 3:45.

'Stay calm Steve! Tony can smell fear or anxiousness from a mile away, whichever comes first.' Steve thought to himself.

Steve looked again, trying his best to be as casual as he could; 3:50.

'So. Close.' He thought.

"You okay?" Tony asked keeping his eyes on the paper.

"Yeah, why?" Steve asked.

"You seem very interested in my moms clock, you aren't going to steal it are you?"

"Nonono!"

"So you just want to leave, I take it?" Tony asked again.

"No! Ugh I'm going to get a glass of water, keep working," Steve said getting up.

"I mean I'm sitting right here you don't have to announce that your thirsty," Tony called out to him, smiling to himself.

Tony eyed Steve's backpack. 'Well at least this isn't a ploy for him to leave,' he thought.

He noticed a yellow piece of paper sticking out of a flap. Tony's eyes grew wide.

"Don't tell me he got detention.." Tony whispered to himself, checking the room to see if Steve was still there. With no sigh of the blond, Tony pulled the bag towards him and reached for the yellow slip. He unfolded it expecting to find some crazy excuse like "threw paintbrush at teacher" or "punched the gym lockers". But instead he found something even more shocking.

Steve made his way back into the room. When he walked in, he found Tony hunched over his bag with the yellow paper his mom gave him from earlier in his hand.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Tony asked a little hurt.

"I don't like celebrating," Steve sighed and sat down at the table.

"Well I do! Especially if it means you're eighteen now!" Tony exclaimed.

"Why is that importa- oh...this doesn't mean I'm just going to let you have your way with me now!" Steve defended.