Part 2

That friday night I decided to grace my mother with my presence. Knocking on the door I heard her talking on the phone and then she swung the door open grinning and pulling me in for an embrace.

"Oh I've missed you!" She then pulled back and glared. "You know you really should come over more often." and then she switched back to the happy mom as she pulled me back in. As a child she was very confusing. I often thought she was Bi-Polar.

"I've missed you too mom, I've just been so busy with work and school." I said shrugging off my sweater and sitting on her sofa. We made small talk about work and life with her while she begun making food and brewing tea.

"Alani," she said as she sat down next to me. "I have something for you..." I was skeptical of what she had gotten me because very rarely did she get gifts. She stood and went into the next room and came back with a luggage bag. It was very cute, bright colors with a Kate Spade emblem on the front.

"Oh mom, whats this?! You shouldn't have." she shrugged, smiling. "It's a gift for your promotion! I thought you'd like it... you're one step closer to Denmark!" I grinned widely. "You're right! In fact, I've saved up enough money for the trip... I'm deciding when to book it." She was so enthusiastic that she pulled out her computer and started looking at trips.

By the end of the night it was all said and done. I was about to go on my first trip out of the country in three weeks.

I believe that my mother was more excited than I was but she was trying to hold it in as she went and finished dinner, setting it out on the table and asking me where I'd like to visit first in Denmark. "I would love to visit the castle that the Royal Family are in... I hear it's extravagant and they hold tours."