Part 4

We arrived at the Hotel and I unpacked my things and Zoey's bed. I looked around the room. Nothing too grand or exciting, just simply a room. 

I unpacked my computer and laid it out on the bed along with a map of the city and my phone charger. I am determined to not look like a tourist too much. All I'm bringing with me is a small bag and a camera while Zoey gets to relax in the room.

I poured Zoey her food into a bowl and gave her water; then made my way to the balcony. The air was chilly and I grasped my sweater tighter around me. I sat on a chair and pulled out my phone to call my mom. 

When she answered she was ecstatic. She asked all sorts of questions and I laughed at her childish behavior, insisting that she calm down and act like an adult. I told her I was going to bed and we said our farewells. 

The next morning I woke up at 9 a.m. The sun was bright and the air still crisp. Smiling to myself I took my shower and got dressed, ready to see the beautiful palace and the city of Copenhagen. I wore denim jeans and a light top and sweater with simple boots just so that I dont freeze on my walk there. 

The tour began at 12 so I'd leave at 11:30 to get there on time. Looking at the clock I had 15 minutes before I needed to leave so I decided to look at the map more as to decide which was the best route.

By the time I reached the palace it was 11:55 a.m. so I had made it in the nick of time. All of the people seemed friendly, and most everyone spoke English. I wondered to myself if the Royal Family spoke English and then I remembered that they're royal and probably speak all of the major languages.

I made my way to where I was directed to meet the tour guide and found the group of about 15 people. The woman leading us, Hillary, smiled and welcomed us in. 

We had begun the tour.