Part 6

The Prince took me by the hand and led me through a door in the back of his Library. Which might I add was quite small to be in a Palace this big. "Your Grace..." he stopped me, "please call me Charles." I bit my lip, "Okay... Charles, why is this library so small?" He laughed, "Because its my personal library, there is a main one in the other wing of the Palace." I nodded in understanding and followed him to another hallway.

He was quite handsome, his hair was tousled and his skin light; but not pale. He seemed to be average height and incredibly built. I wouldn't be fooled though, although a prince he's still a man and generally they're only after one thing. 

"So, Alani, have you ever been to Denmark?" I shook my head, "No your-" I paused correcting myself, "I cant say I have, Charles... I've never actually left America to be honest." "Ah, America. Beautiful country." I cocked an eyebrow at him and he laughed, "okay not as beautiful as my country, but I have been there... I quite like the food." 

We continued talking like that and with every minute I forgot that he was in fact a prince and not just a man who I met on the streets. 

I felt as though my feet were going to fall off from all of the walking around the Palace and he suggested we stopped for a snack and to rest. I nodded vigorously and he laughed. We sat on a balcony overlooking a garden, "do you do this often?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Do what?" He leaned forward beckoning me to answer him. I rolled my eyes, "Bring unsuspecting women around your Palace personally." I was careful not to feel too special, I'm sure the Prince has his way with many women.

Shaking his head he took a bite out of an apple, "No, Alani. I don't generally find time to gallivant with the public, you're a special case. I simply wanted to meet someone new." I brushed my hair off my shoulder, "I see, so I'm special then." I grinned and took a sip of the wine, "Yes, Miss Metts. I am seeming to want to get to know you better."

My heart stopped. Know me better? What the hell does that mean? 

"You should know, Your Grace. I don't intend to be your call girl." I said firmly. "Call girl?" huffing I explained, "A girl you call to... you know" looking away I noticed him grin slyly. "No, Alani, You're not going to be a 'Call Girl' as you say. I mean as a friend; do you really think I'm that shallow?" I shrugged, "Well Charles, I don't know you at all. Didn't even know you were the prince before Heather broke her neck to bow to you." He laughed, "that's why you're special, Alani."