Part 3

++ 3 weeks later ++

Sal gave me a hug goodbye after work, "Alani, have a magical time! I've been to Denmark, its quite the country!" I grinned, I'm leaving tomorrow and I feel jittery all over. "Oh I will! I'll bring you back a trinket, okay Sal?" He smiled, "Keep in touch while you're there! How long will you be again?" "A month..." I was blessed with an awesome boss to approve every one of my requests.

After our goodbyes and phone number exchanges I made my way to the house to finish packing. I was taking Zoey with me as my travel companion. I cant go anywhere without her. That evening I finished packing and put all my carry on items in the bag my mother got for me.

I fell asleep quite easily despite the cold feet I was having about getting on an airplane for the first time in my life. When my alarm went off at three in the morning I about had a heart attack and Zoey started barking. 

Begrudgingly, I got out of bed and made my way to the shower. Although I was excited I was also exhausted.  I better get some sleep on this plane ride. We had a couple layovers though so we'll see about the sleep thing.

I left the house at four, texting my mom to let her know so that she could keep an eye on the place and remember to water my plant. However, I'm sure any reason to snoop around my home is good enough for her to remember to go. 

It took an hour to get to the airport and my plane left at 7:30am. Everything seemed to be going rather well and we finally made it to the plane. 

Once I boarded I put Zoey's carrier under my seat and like the good girl she is, she stayed quiet the whole time. The flight was smooth, I had done my research so I knew that having gum on a plane was a necessity to keep my ears from popping. 

The old man next to me was quite nice and reminded me slightly of Sal, who I knew I'd miss the most. Out of all the older people I knew Sal was more like a grandparent to me than any grandparent I have. I like to believe that I am like a grand-daughter to him as well. After a few hours we landed in an air port I wasn't sure I'd ever heard of, but the layover was so short that I didn't even have time to explore and I made my way to the second gate.

This flight wasn't quite as relaxing as the last, the lady to the right of me was a chatter box and honestly; annoying. Zoey was sleeping peacefully and for a moment I envied her. At least she didn't have to endure the annoying woman next to us.

Finally, after 10 more hours of layovers and flights we landed in Copenhagen, Denmark. It was a 20 minute cab to the hotel and from the hotel a five minute walk to the Palace. I was so excited I was practically bouncing in my back seat of the cab. 

Tomorrow I was going to the Palace.