Part 5

The palace was extravagant. The marbled floors added to the magical aura that was the Royal Family. Guards were stationed at every corner in front of every especially important item. They held expressionless faces and seemed alert at every detail. Each gaurd looking the same as the last. 

We reached a large ball room and the Tour Guide, Hillary, allowed us free reign to walk around the room. I approached her meekly and asked where a bathroom was seeing as I had a large coffee before this and didn't get a chance to use the bathroom before we begun. 

She pointed in the direction of a hallway and smiled, "it's the third door on the left, okay?" I nodded and didn't quite listen to the directions, all I heard was something about the left. Quickly I made my way over to the hallway. All that went through my head was that I desperately had to pee. 

I reached for the second door on the left and opened it. A man was perched on the side of a chair with a book in his hand. This was definitely not the bathroom, quickly I apologized and went to shut the door. 

"Wait," He called out. His voice was low and smokey but still authoritative. Slowly I turned back towards him, "um, yes?" I heard the clicking of Heather's heels and once she reached us and saw our predicament she gasped and bowed her head. 

"Your Grace! I apologize for this intrusion, she was looking for the bathroom." Not that I couldn't defend myself or anything. Suddenly it dawned on me as I was still upright and her head was bowed that this wasn't just any man in a library, this was the Prince himself. Too stunned to move or make any kind of adjustment to be more respectful to the monarch standing in front of me I just gave him an awkward smile. 

I am usually so pulled together, whats wrong with me? He cocked his head and seemed confused at my lack of regard for his standing, unlike Heather who's head had to be hurting by now. 

He seemed to notice at the same time as me that she was still in a more than likely uncomfortable position. "Please do stand up right, no need to apologize. I must have forgotten to lock my door as I usually do for the tours." Heather stood up straight and smiled at him, flashing me a look as if to snap out of it. 

"Are you enjoying your tour, Miss..." was he seriously asking me if I was enjoying a tour of his home. I choked out my name "Alani Metts, your grace. Yes I am, very much so, thank you... Are you enjoying your book?" It came out so quick that I hoped he wasn't going to take it incorrectly and rude. He grinned, "Yes I am." I nodded, remembering that I had to still use the bathroom.

"Excuse me, Your Highness... I am just looking for the restroom, I didn't mean to cause a disturbance." Luckily, none of the other tourists noticed our absence and that didn't create a riot. He nodded, still grinning and dismissed us. This time Heather led me to the bathroom. As I exited and went to make my way back to the group that was just ahead of me I felt a hand tug me into the library. 

I let out a squeak and came face to face with the Prince again. 

"How about I give you a personal tour?" My mouth went dry and I was at a loss for words. How could I refuse the future King of Denmark? I nodded my head and made a mental note that this was the best day of my life.