Chapter 13

Emily's POV

I was worried about Nathan, so I told the boys that I was going to go check on him.

They nodded a bit uncertain but I didn't notice it because I was already out the door.

I knocked on Nathan's door several times until, I heard a muffled 'open'.

I was expecting him to be crying his eyes out not bloody stuffing his face with food.

'Nathan?'I said hesitantly, walking over to him slowly he raised his head and smiled at me.

'Ello Em' he ate some more of his food.

'Um Nate are you ok?' 'Im better then ok I'm great' I was confused 10 minutes ago he was crying and pushing me away.

Yet here he was acting like the same old Nathan, stuffing his face not care in the world.

'Hey why don't you join me? Then we can go back to the boys afterwards.' 'Yeah sure' I said joining him at the table.

'Help yourself' he said pointing at the food in front of us.

We ate for a few minutes in silence before I decided to speak up, 'Nate what happened you seen fine now before you were crying and I was worried?' He looked at me.

'Here read this I don't know how it happened but it did and I guess it changed me' he bias giving me a note.

My heart stopped when I saw the writing, it was Payton's.

How?

I read the letter and I understood Nathan finally but it confused me.

How could Payton know about Nathan, and how in the world could she cook and write a note.

I let it slip,it made me feel better to know that somehow Payton was still around, looking out for us.

I felt better and joined Nathan in eating the food.

Payton was always the best cook.