Chapter 24

Payton's POV

'Payton' Kieran whispered when he opened the door.

Wait he can see me how?

"You need to say your final goodbye so now he can see, hear and touch you but only for 15 minutes because you need to say goodbye" a voice told me in my head.

It was my mum, I could tell it was her by the sound of her voice.

I can finally say goodbye.

'Hi Kieran' I said preparing myself for the expectation that he wouldn't hear me.

'No your not real, your dead no no your not real' Kieran said.

It sounded like he was trying to convince himself more then me.

'No I'm here Kieran, I'm dead yes but I need to say goodbye to you' I said taking steps towards him.

'Your ...' He said quietly and nervously as I stood in front of him.

'Im here Kieran' I grabbed hold of his hands.

He looked down at them and then back at me.

'Your really here' I nodded and he pulled me into his arms in a hug.

'I can't believe your really here' 'well I am ok' he nodded looking at me, tears rolling down his cheeks.

He wiped away the tears the pat were falling down my own.

'I love you so much payton' 'I love you too Kieran' he leaned in closer and I mirrored his actions.

Our lips touched briefly before he pulled me in closer cradling my face in his arms.

My arms wrapped around his waist, kissing back.

We finally had to pull away as our lungs were she renaming for air.

Our foreheads rested against each other, looking into each other's eyes.

'I miss you angel' 'I miss you too but Kieran I can't stay' I said softly.

His expression immediately saddened.

'I know but I wish you could stay' he said, holding me tighter and closer to him.

'I don't want to let go' he whispered, pulling me closer then before.

'I don't want please you, I never did' I whispered hugging him once again.

We stayed like that for a while.

Holding each other, enjoying each other's warmth, not wanting to let go.

"Five minutes left Payton" my said in my head.

I groaned not wanting to leave him.

'I don't have much time Kieran' he didn't say anything, just held me tighter.

'Kieran you have to promise me something' he looked at me.

'Promise you'll be happy and move on, find someone new' my heart broke with every word.

It pained me having to tell the one I loved that he had to move on.

Kieran shook his head before muttering a single word 'no' .

'Kieran you have to' 'no, your the only one I want, your the only on I need' 'Kieran you know you can't have me' 'I know but-' I cut him off there.

'Kieran you have to remember that I will always be with you and I'll always love you even if I'm not with you'.

"Payton it's time" my mum said in my head.

'I have to say goodbye now' ' no, I can't lose you again' he kept his hold on me.

'I don't want to leave you either but I have to I'm sorry Kieran' he led me closer.

'Goodbye Kieran, I love you' I whispered into his ear.

'I love you too angel so so much' he whispered back.

'Payton I'm afraid it's time' I looked over kieran's shoulder to see my mum in the door way.

I shifted, 'good bye Kieran' I said giving him a kiss on the cheek, 'good bye angel'.

I let his warm embrace and joined up with my mother.

I saw her give a faint nod of her head to Kieran with a warm smile.

'Its time to go sweetheart' I looked back at Kieran, who gave me a faint smile.

I returned it back with a small wave.

I felt my mum out her hand on my shoulder.

Kieran was the last thing I saw before everything went white.