Chapter 9

She woke up in the morning and got ready as fast as lightening because as usual she was running late. Later than usual though. It was not her fault though as she had forgotten to press 'okay' on her alarm last night so she woke up at quater to eight. Without even taking a shower, she threw on the first dress she saw. She had no time for breakfast or leaving a message for her mother so she just left.

Scolding herself in being stupid, she got into her car and drove to office like a maniac.

She got there at 8:15. But well who cares, she was gonna get fired anyway.

Shrugging her thoughts she took the elevator to her bosses office. Once she got there she politely knocked.

"Late again, Miss Areesha? " her boss said as a way of greeting.

"Uh yes sir, actually last night I forgot to press the 'ok' on my alarm so-"

"I have no time to hear your memoir," he said to her sternly,"but make sure this doesn't happen again or you are fired. Understand?"

"What you aren't firing me already?!" She asked surprised.

"Why were you hoping to get fired?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No of course not sir."

"Thats more like it. We have a meeting with the Mehmood company in fifteen minutes so get ready. You have to give the presentation as well so you better look through it now."

"What? Me? A presentation in fifteen minutes?"

"Yes. That's exactly what I said. It's not my fault you are late. And by the way, your time is running out," he said with a smirk pointing towards his watch.

"You are seriously out of your mind!" She said shaking his head at him.

"This is the last time I am saying this: Go get prepared." He said to her with a tone of finality.

Ooh looks like its a new challenge, she thought. It felt like Mr. Ali thought that she would mess it up.

She would show him who he was dealing with. Ha!

She quickly took out her laptop and found the presentation that was emailed to her. She printed out a hard copy and skimmed through it. She highlighted the main points pacing around the room, a habit she had when she got nervous. It felt like she was back in high-school doing some last minute cramming for a test. The only difference was that this was practical life and if she messed it up it would cost her her job.

She quickly rehearsed the presentation imagining the audience was sitting in front of her. She was so nervous! What if she messed up?

Outside Fawad was watching her with amusement. He knew he was being mean but he was just testing her if she was really capable of this job. He almost let out a laugh seeing the gestures she made with her hands as if the audience was in front of her. He was sure she'd mess it up.

Calm down, relax she told herself as she made her way towards the meeting room after going through it in ten minutes.

"Good Morning ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to F.Ali company. I am the Mr. Ali's secretary Areesha Aftab. As you all know this presentation is ...."

***

"I must say I am impressed. For the time you were given to prepare this was quite incredible." They were sitting in his office after the presentation.

"Thanks. Lets just hope we get the contract then." She said with a polite smile. At first Areesha had felt very nervous but after a few minutes of speaking it became natural to her and the speech flowed..