Chapter 3

"Thunder, Blast, Floss and Wasp." Flamestar started. "You are the four remaining Dark Forest warriors. Your loyalty outweighs that of your treacherous friends who abandoned you the heartbeat NoName died, but you will still meet a suitable end for all your friends' wrong doings."

The four cats huddled together, their eyes wide and fearful. They clearly regretted not escaping with their fox-hearted clan mates. Flamestar would've liked more of the Dark Forest warriors to stay, but she supposed she had to make do with the four remainders, plus NoName's family. After the executions were done, Flamestar was going to plan an in-depth search for Shadepaw. He can't have gone that far yet, if she acted quickly she could find him.

"If I may..." A white furred head popped up among the crowd, pushing its way to the captured Dark Forest cats. "I'd like to take this one.." He poked Thunder with a claw.

Flamestar held back a warm smile of greeting, trying to keep her cool look in front of the evil cats below her. "Zeye. Nice to see you again."

"Likewise." He grinned, his blue eyes glowing eerily in the early morning light. "So may I take this cat for a more suitable death?"

"As long as you show us." Flamestar shrugged, eager to see how Zeye planned to execute Thunder.

Zeye nodded. "Alright.." He urged the bustling crowd back a little, giving him more space to drag Thunder towards him with his powers. The Dark Forest warrior wailed; trying desperately to get away from him.

"What do you want with me?!" Thunder shrieked, fighting against the blue mist.

"If I remember correctly... You suggested Nutwhisker's death." Zeye smirked down at the tom as his eyes widened in realisation. Flamestar made herself comfortable on the rock, staring down at them eagerly. She felt Bluesnow shift around beside her; her sister's forepaws shuffling nervously.

Without another word, Zeye started the execution. He sat back with a lazy smirk on his lips, waving a paw. Thunder screeched as he was lifted into the air by the mist, climbing higher than the meeting rock. Flamestar watched him, grinning.

The watching cats let out gasps as Zeye let Thunder plummet through the air, onto the ground with a loud thump and the snap of bone. The grey warrior let out a screech of agony, his foreleg broken from the fall. Zeye laughed and stepped on the broken leg, pushing down on the snapped bone. Thunder screamed.

Flamestar tore her gaze away from the scene to glance briefly at the other Dark Forest cats. Floss, Blast and Wasp were wailing like kits, huddled together. Dime had his paws over his ears, trying to block out Thunder's screams. Strike and Tyler were staring at the scene, frozen with terror.

Another screech from Thunder made Flamestar look back to see Zeye break another of his legs. She noticed the watching warriors were growing uneasy, pacing around with wide eyes. Maybe Zeye was going too far...

And there's barely been a drop of blood spilled. She sighed.

She rose her voice above the cries. "Either end it now or take it somewhere else."

Zeye looked disappointed, but nodded when he saw the horrified looks on the other cats' faces. Flamestar noticed his gaze linger on Stormpaw, Bluepaw and Darkpaw; who were staring at him fearfully with wide eyes and bristling fur. "I'll take him to a more secluded area." He mewed, placing a paw on Thunder and blinking them away.

The clan breathed a collective sigh of relief once the Promethean left with his prize.

__________________________________

After she let the clan calm down a bit, Flamestar announced the executions for Blast, Floss and Wasp. Although the clan was not as hyped up as before Thunder's terrible death. Flamestar would have to keep these three killings clean and quick. She'd have her fun with Strike, Dime and Tyler later in the day.