Chapter 5: The Escape (In Bridget's Journal)

Now I know that Cole is a ''werewolf'', and the amulet that I have been wearing for the past few weeks is a destructive pendant that can burn away anything in it's path, now everything in life is scaring me. I mean, what if I said, ''Had I?'' And I caught on fire, huh? That would not have been good! I can see it now written on my gravestone: ''Here lies Bridget Barnes, 17, died by setting off an amulet that was explosive.'' How would my family explain that, huh? It would be horrifying if that happened wouldn't it?

                      Plus, they don't probably even know that I'm the chosen one, anyway, wait... do they? I'm just so thankful that I didn't say,''Had I'' because that would've been nasty business. Maybe I'm going crazy, (if so, I probably need to go see a psychiatrist, or counselor) but in Jena, I don't think they have something like that here, it's only in Texas. And I've only been to Texas twice, one, my father took me to the Sam Houston Monument, and second, was in my senior year in highschool, I went with a few close friends for a little tour of the SHSU  campus to have a look around.

                           That was my first time looking for a college to go to, and it was fun. But in my hometown, all of my friends are going to LSU, our college in New Orleans. For me, I'm just going to start off with a little community college not to far from Jena, but first I need to raise enough money to apply for it.

                        You know, I wonder how old Cole is? He looks like he is in his thirties or late twenties, hey, who knows? He could be 150 years old for all I care, or would I? I actually have no idea if I would or not. Anyways... what were we talking about? Oh, yeah, me going mental! How could I forget about that! Yeah right, like my life is hard to remember. Everyday is a new twist and turn for me. I wonder if Jake's life is like mine too. Probably not. But to make sure, I ring his number out of my contacts on my phone and call him.

                          ''Hello, who's this?'' He asks me drowsy-like.                                                                                                            

               ''Um, this is Bridget, and''-             

                    ''Bridget! Do you know what time of day it is!?'' I check my grandfather clock, and it says, 1:45 am.                                   

                     ''Oh God, I'm so sorry I'll hang up right now-''                                                                                                                          

               ''No, it's okay, what did you need?''                                                                                                                                     

                          ''Jake, this is serious, and your the only one I can trust. Our boss Kileigh, I think she's a vampire, and you know that prisoner Cole? He told me he was a werewolf, and that I'm the chosen one and Jake, I don't know what I'm going to do, please help me.''