Chapter 4: The Secret (In Bridget's Journal)

''BEEP! BEEP!BEEP!'' My alarm clock blares as I punch the snooze button. I still remember yesterday, when Cole told me I was the 'chosen one' and I freaked out and ran out of the jailhouse, now scared to go back. The only prisoner that I thought was sane, was insane. Now I know that I made a big mistake to talk to the prisoners there at Straivart's Jailhouse, and I probably never will ever again.

                 Later at work that day, I had to go bring Cole his food, and there he was, sitting on his bed, whistling to that same song by Christina Aguilara: ''Beautiful''. He immediately stopped when he saw me. ''Well, you must love her don't you?'' I smirk rolling my eyes.He just looks at me like I'M the crazy person.                                                                       

                     ''No,'' he shrugs,''That's the only song I know now a days.'' He smiles.                                                                             

                  ''Oh,'' I say nervously for some reason. ''Wait, what do you mean 'now a  days'?'' I reply.                                              

                              He sighs and says,''It's complicated.''                                                                                                                       

                  ''Okay, Cole, I know that your keeping a secret from me, but you just don't want to admit it, and you... you... well, I really don't know Cole. All I know about you is that you beat up some kids in college and then one of their parents pressed charges against you, and that's all I know. Just please tell me what happened that day please?'' I persuaded.                                                                                                          

                He stands up, walks toward me, and motions me to him, and, of course I do. He then whispers kindly in my ear,''I'm a werewolf.'' Now I know for sure that he's a nut head. But, from the way he said it, I believe him somehow. It's like I've always known that he was a creature of the night. It's also quite terrifying. He says in a sympathetic tone,''The reason why I ended up in here is, I couldn't stop being protective of my friends, and... Bridget, you probably already know this, but, that's why I hurt those people, because I'm a werewolf. I have a certain attitude, you've seen in horror films, how the werewolf loses his cool? That's me, I lose control sometimes. We all know now, that it is your destiny to defeat another... type of creature.'' 

                  ''Um, not to be rude, but... is it your type of creature?''                                                                                                      

               ''Heck no! It's definitely not my kind. It's... It's...'' He takes a deep breath and says,''I can't tell you, they told me not to.''                                                                                                                                                                                                   

                  ''Who told you not to, Cole?''