Dreams Therapy part 9

The rain stopped, paused in mid air, gleaming blue in the moon light, tiny diamonds suspended in space. A Cambodian man, gun to the head of a cuffed man, stood stock still. Max stood a distance away staring. The drug lord turned and looked straight at him and smiled broadly, displaying crooked yellow teeth. Max began to run to them, his men helpless, soaked to the bone, kneeled in the dirt. He sprinted, at his top speed, when the ground shifted under his feet, it began to ripple. For Max it was like running through deep snow. He ran hard, but just couldn't get any closer to his men.

The man with the gun, still smiling said " Come on lieutenant Briggs, save your men." And reached up to grasp his skin just below his hair line. He proceeded to unzip his face, pulling down all the way to his crotch. As the two halves fell like silk to the ground, Max saw standing in the Cambodian man's place, the raven knight, sword in hand.

Everything else disappeared, the jungle, the rain, only this anti-paladin, this crusader for no cause, and the three captives, in a single beam of light. Max's anger and frustration returned, burning hot in his mind because he couldn't, no matter how hard he tried, make it to his teammates. Not only was he angry at himself, but angry at this onyx man-at-arms.

"What's the matter Briggs, come and get me." Jibbed the black Sir, still in the Cambodian's voice. Max felt like he could burst into flames he was so mad. Suddenly he was a million miles away, still running hard but getting nowhere.

He trudged on, wading through the molten ground. He started getting closer, on determination alone, boiling over with anger and frustration. The black knight began to laugh, a sound like gravel rolling down a hill full of helpless people. Screams and wails mixed with thunder and the anger pushing him to make the last few feet. A fence was the only obstacle left in the way. Only just realizing he was still weighed down by his equipment, he dropped his gun and pack, then stripped to the waist. The rain, still suspended in the air, spattered his naked torso, soaking over his tanned, well muscled arms and chest, as he ran. He leapt over the fence with super human strength and rolled as he landed, smoothly returning to his feet and started running again. Max skidded to a halt when he saw the dark knight raise his sword and swing, the whole time the fucker laughed.

" Ha, ha, ha, you're to late Max!!" The sword dipped horizontally, sliced into Regis and kept going. As it hit each member of his team, everything went silent again and they shattered, one after another, like nothing more substantial then light bulbs. The knight spun, sword outstretched in one gloved hand, right at Max. The black bastards movements slowed, all light seemed to be absorbed into the dark armor.

Max saw all of this happen right in front of his eyes and he could do nothing. The pieces of his teammates fell slowly, light glinted off each piece as it descended to the ground. The knights sword continued to arch toward him in slow motion. Max tried to move, but some unseen force held him fast. He saw the blade move closer and closer, and finally as the blade was about to hit him, he was lifted up into the sky and looked down and saw himself, as the sword struck his terrestrially bound body.

He shattered. Everything went back to full speed as he looked on from above, the pieces all trickled to the ground and he was lifted away to darkness.

-----------

Things are getting rough for Max. Everything will start coming together in the next few chapters.... or will they unravel more....

Please remember to vote if you like it and comment if you see anything worth commenting about, I'm a feedback junky, not having any formal writing education and all.

And as always thanks for reading!