Dream Therapy part 16

This chapter I'm dedicating to PoofyLindsay. For actually reading my book and for being the first person (besides me) to use one of my covers. Thanks for your support. Btw check out her book Empire Legacy, its an awesome story.
---------------

The sun was warm and inviting, the light tinted red through his closed eyelids. Max opened his eye to see a blue cloudless sky greeting him. He stood from the warm, soft and musty earth. The cool breeze caressed his cheeks and reminded him of playing football in the falls of his youth. He spun around to take in the visage of his surroundings.

He saw he was in a field, it felt familiar, as if in a dream, or was he in a dream now. His mind was fogged up but he knew something was important about this field. He saw a tree in the distance and the memory came back, he had been here before. He had played an absurd game of tag with a small girl. It felt different ,no, it was different now. There was a strange yellowish tint to everything, like the palour of the air before a thunderstorm. The grass was still long but now was amber and dead, he shifted his feet slightly and the brittle, lifeless stalks broke and fell to the ground.

The tree.

The tree too was different, the bloom of billowy, green leaves was gone. In its stead was a bony, bare framework of branches, the last remnants of the spring plumage, fell, brown and stagnant to rest on the similarly dead and lifeless grass.

Max heard in the distance a familiar sound, a rumbling, or a roar. No, it was a sound like a jet. The sound heightened and something swooped low over Max's head, then the object sped around the field low, just above the grass. Blades of the yellowed grass roostertailed behind it. It banked and turned around and around in on a random path. Finally it shot straight up, directly above Max's head.

It floated slowly down, like a snow flake,  to land gracefully in front of Max. He immediately recognized who was standing before him and remarked gleefully, "Oh, its you again. What, do you want to play hide and seek this time?"

The little girl in the blue dress stood before him, hands behind her back, toes kicked softly at the dirt shyly. Her face was pointed at the ground and when she looked up to speak small rivelets of smoke rose from the outer corners of her eyes, the smoke was the color of emeralds, and ascended into the air, dissipating to nothing. Her hair began to flutter wildly around her tiny head, as if blown by an unseen and and unfelt gust of wind.

What Max did feel was a energetic buzzing, a sort of static all around him, that made him simultaneously excited and uneasy.

"NO, I don't want to play! I came as a liaison, to warn you. Your biggest challenges have yet to manifest and you must not give up!" She exclaimed, her voice seemed loud and strangely mature. "Your final two trials will be the most taxing on your emotions. DO NOT GIVE UP, give it everything you have and you will endure." Her voice boomed like thunder in a deep valley, seeming to echo and surround Max with an almost palpable urgency.

Then just as suddenly as she came on the scene, she rocketed headlong into the sky, a green trail of smoke trailed behind.