Chapter 2

Disclaimer: Don't own Naruto.

"I think he requires spiritual healing." One suggested.

"She's right you know. I've heard that the moon blessed works wonders. She has that healing touch." Another one piped in.

Concern etched across their faces, pain pouring in their eyes, sympathetic words thrown here, a kind gesture there.

Lying, pretentious, two-faced bitches. 

Uchiha matriarch had come to hate these dinners she once loved.

Thank you for this, Sasuke.

"I don't know. Fugaku doesn't believe in this stuff."

A hand on her shoulder, seemingly supportive yet burning through her very skin. " Oh Mikoto. Look what all that worry has done to you. Perhaps a day at the spa would help."

Laughing. They were laughing at the cost of her misery.

A desire to knock those smiles off their faces replaced by a gentle declination, she shook her head no.

"Thank you all for your concern but for now I'd worry about my son."

The pain that ripped her heart revealed itself as a smile on her face.

...

"Maybe we should take Sasuke to the Temple."

Fugaku stared at her incredulously from behind his glasses.

"You're joking, right?"

Discomfort claiming her at his lingering gaze, nervous wringing of fingers was only a small glimpse of the actual storm wrenching havoc inside her.

"You're serious about it?"

"Do we have another option?"

Fugaku leaned back against the headboard.  

"Do as you please. I don't have the strength to deal with him."

Fugaku looked tired, a picture of defeated man.

But Mikoto would fight on.

Mothers possessed energies that could put tailed-beasts' to shame.

...

"Dude, look what I got my hands on."

Chest vibrating in a low growl, eyes burning crimson; he was a hungry panther interrupted during a feast.

"Go away, fish-face."

Head dipping, lips claiming their spot on the girl's neck. Her moans went unheard over the loud music.

"Oye Sasuke, I know you're busy and all but this is real shit. You won't get your hands on-"

"I don't do drugs, Suigetsu. When would you get that through your thick skull? "

Pushing the girl off the couch, he sat up. Skirt pulled up, angry words spilled, the girl stomped away to find another victim.

Suigetsu fell on the couch next to him.

"I don't get it. You fuck, you drink, you try to kill yourself yet you never give the poor ol' junk a chance. That's injustice."

His lips stretched up in a smirk, fire rolled down his throat as he emptied another can.

"Try it sometimes. It's a punch of sensation to the face just how you like it."

"I like to be in control, Suigetsu. This goes to your head."

"And the booze doesn't? "

"It takes more then booze to knock out a real man."

Laughs resounding, alcohol washing down their systems; it was another one of those ordinary nights.

...