Chapter 6

Disclaimer : Don't own Naruto.

Sorry for the wait.

Chapter 6

A poet she said, eh?

He'd rather she called him a researcher or a scientist or something. They were just as crazy.

Poets were whiny beings.

Some nerve she had, calling him crazy when she was the one who spoke the tongue of 'riddles'.

Poetry never made much sense to him after all. It was all about things not making sense.

You know what else didn't make sense? Her intense devotion to her garden.

It was unheard of - a messiah growing poisons.

As beautiful as she was, her hands sure were ugly, in every sense.

Those hands that saved lives...

Those hands that could kill with this concoction...

You know what was really poetic? Irony, that's what.

He could be a poet, if that's what she wanted.

...

Perhaps he should write a will.

This is kinda exciting.

Itachi would have his room.

Sasuke spun his pencil before scratching the scribbled words.

Neh… his room was off limits.

His guitar... Tayuya would take good care of his baby even though he hated that bitch.

Aoda... His pet snake... Let's see...

Wait, when did he die?

Oh... so that's why it stinks in here.

And his porn collection...

A smile.

He knew where that was going.

...

Mikoto was jumping with joy. This was the second time this week that her family gathered for dinner.

And Sasuke looked pretty neat, hair combed to reveal his face; for once he donned decent clothes and was actually respectable towards his father.

They weren't lying about Moon Blessed working wonders.

Fugaku couldn't get another bite of food down, too shocked by the entire ordeal.

Itachi looked uncomfortable.

Mikoto giggled mentally.

She mistook the silence before the storm for a peaceful weather.

...

Itachi was the one who found Sasuke.

The tiny blaring of his alarm clock that had annoyed him to wakefulness was nothing compared to the chorus of screams that rang for the remainder of the day.

He picked up his alarm clock and apologized before setting it by his bedside.

A lone tear trailed down his cheek and a huge torrent followed.

...

Mikoto was half tempted to sue the temple.

And she would've acted on it too, had it not been for the help they provided.

A team of apothecaries was dispatched the moment the poison in Sasuke's system was discovered as their famous priestess'.

Heads shook, talks ensued; the Temple's carelessness was the center of everyone's conversation.

It also fed a very interesting rumor: the Temple was actually selling drugs!

In its defense, the Temple labeled Sasuke as a sinner with no moral values and no regard for life. He'd forever burn in inextinguishable flames.

Fugaku cursed only Sasuke. He would have done everyone a favor by actually dying.

The words brought tears in his wife's eyes.

...

The only emotion Sasuke felt was disappointment.

Fuck his stubborn body.

And the temple, that useless place that even messed up death.

A dominant part of him was actually glad for being alive. He didn't really want to die, just know what it felt like.

Death was only an unavoidable step in his journey to 'enlightenment'.

Dying was okay but dying in vain was not an option.

The poison he took…there was no pain, just peaceful nothingness.

It sounded like something the Hyuuga would do - shove kindness where it least belonged.

Death was death; there shouldn't be anything peaceful about it.

His mother sat in a chair a little away from his bed, head bowed, silently shedding tears as her hands worked to remove the apple peels.

Itachi had come by only yesterday.

No news from his old man. He was probably preparing another scolding for him.

Who cared? He sure as hell didn't.

He wouldn't be here if he did.

...

Only one more chap before Hinata's past is revealed.

Leave a review if it isn't too much trouble.

TAYYABALARAIB