Chapter 5

Disclaimer : Don't own Naruto.

Chapter 5

There's no feeling like the feeling of an answered prayer.

Mikoto was beaming with happiness. Events like these were more anticipated then the Christmas itself.

The entire Uchiha family sat at the dinner table.

Sometimes the smallest of things were more precious then all treasures in the word.

Food was passed, words exchanged; Sasuke was busy teasing Itachi about something in his own Sasuke way. Fagaku, though appearing more interested in his rice pudding, would sometimes smile at something Sasuke would say.

Itachi praised Mikoto about the food and Fugaku agreed.

Sasuke was actually eating. It was a praise in itself.

She didn't care whether they ate it or simply threw it out the window, as long as they did it together.

Mikoto sent her thanks to Kami.

The temple would be receiving a huge sum of money as a token of her appreciation first thing in the morning.

...

Uzumaki Karin was new in town.

She was pretty to look at, a little shy  but not too bad. She dressed really ugly though.

Cupid's arrow struck her when she least expected.

She found love.

But she was shy...

And dressed really ugly.

"I-I like you a lot, Sasuke-kun."

The entire school heard his laughter before they joined him too.

It was funny on so many levels.

It was even funnier to see her running away, crying like a child.

Creepy-crawlies shouldn't even attempt for the skies.

...

"Where did you learn to dirty talk?"

Face red enough to give tomatoes a run for their money; the sight cracked a smile on Sasuke's face.

"Well?"

"A f-friend of mine once gave me Icha-Icha to read."

"No fucking way. The priestess of the largest Hyuuga temple reads porn."

She moaned in annoyance. Mortification looked good on her.

Everything did.

"It was just one time. Besides, what I read is none of your business."

"It is when your temple receives thousands of dollars from Uchiha accounts. No one likes people with double standards."

Mouth a strait line, tension thick enough to be moulded into anything.
Uchiha Sasuke was never the one to regret his words, but in that particular moment, somewhere in the back of his mind; a small reprimanding voice echoed.

"I know."

"You know?" A question.

"I was subjected to their dislike first hand. I even have visible proof of it."

Anticipation made him restless in his spot, he half wanted to yell at her to not keep him hanging when she refused to open that mouth of hers.

But it wasn't his place to ask.

He was just a subject and she - his healer.

...

Hinata's tactics didn't match other's.  That's why he even bothered with her sessions.

She had a unique way of putting thing, very unorthodox, very discrete.

"Don't you get tired of being a goody-goody?"

A shake.

"Why not?"

A shrug.

"What? Now you won't even talk? "

"Sasuke, I'm busy." She resumed her chanting, trying to please her Kami or moon or whatever God or deity she believed in.

"What makes you think He's even listening? What makes you think He's even there?"

"Karma Sasuke. Karma makes me believe."

A grunt vibrated in his chest, sometimes even with his brilliant mind he failed to understand what she spoke of.

"How?"

"It bites you hard and it bites you for sure."

"I've never been bitten."

"Be grateful then. Perhaps you're being given a chance to right your wrongs or perhaps karma hasn't picked up your scent."

If she had those mythical byakugan eyes, she would have been able to see the question marks dancing over Sasuke's head.

"I think karma is Kami's pet. It's thorough with its job like Him."

...

Karin's shorts got shorter, her shirts tighter.

She was the talk of every guy in school.

She looked hot, nice rack, nice legs, nice ass; perhaps men's mind didn't work beyond a woman's body.

They called her many names, none nice; a slut, a bitch, floozy, easy.

Karin didn't care or she seemed to not care at least.

They said bad things about her but at least they said.

...

tayyabalaraib